2018 Winter Storm Book Tag



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  The weather outside is frightful for us in the North East today, so I thought a Winter Storm Book Tag was in order.  When weather like this arrives I like to curl up with a few books, a warm blanket, and lots of tea and cocoa. 



   Snuggle in and have fun with this, and tag a friend who would love to join in. Also if you have a Vlog, please feel free to make a video and show what books match this tag.

  Here we go in no particular order. Any books mentioned that I have reviewed will have a link to that review attached to the book's title:


WINTER STORM BOOK TAG


  1. Blizzard: A book with a cover as white as snow- The Winter People by Jennifer McHahon (I have not read this book yet. But the spooky synopsis definitely calls me to this thriller. Stormy settings, a decades old mystery, and family drama...yes, please!)
  2. Snow Plow: A book that you plowed through in one sitting- Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich (This novel was an excellent way to pass the time, laugh, and read a fun adventure. The Stephanie Plum series never lets me down when I want a quick and often hysterically funny read.)
  3. Fireside: A book so cozy, it left you warm and happy- The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan (I am currently half way through this cheerful and often funny contemporary story, When librarian Nina Redmond loses her job, she decides to head to Scotland and open up a mobile book store in an enormous van. Heartfelt, introspective, and a love letter to book lovers, this book is as cozy as they come.)
  4. Fuzzy Blanket: A book that you fell asleep under after reading far into the night-Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (This historical fiction piece takes place during the Gold Rush of the late 1800's. In it young Leah Westfall stumbles upon a horrible murder and is pursued across country by a killer. To escape him she disguises herself a boy, and joins a group of settlers heading for California to try to get in on the Gold Rush springing up there. But what her traveling companions do not know is that not only is she a girl, she also has magical abilities to sense gold. I read this into the early morning and fought sleep to finish this amazing book.)
  5. Hot Cocoa- A book that started off hot, then got cold- Dimiter by William Peter Blatty (Starting off as somewhat a supernatural tale, it quickly turned into a detective story with religious undertones. It was good book. But by the end I was not as enthralled in it as much as I was in the beginning.)
  6. Snow Flake: A book so unique that you have had a hard time finding another like it- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (Never have I found a book like the Outsiders. It made me laugh, cry, and think of society and life in general. This classic will forever be a book that I will re-read and recommend to everyone. Hinton portrays a societal rift between teenage groups that transcends time. With amazingly likeable characters and heart-breaking tragedy, this book has stuck with me for over thirty years.)
  7. Fire Wood: A book series that always keeps your reading fires going- The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich  (I will never be the reader that abandons this series. No matter how many books are released I always enjoy the Stephanie Plum series. It is a fun and fast read that has some of the most hysterical moments that I have read in a book series. Add in some mystery, murder, and a hot love triangle and you have 300 pages of book-slump-smashing good times.)
  8. Avalanche- The approximate height of your books to read pile- My book stack is at least 6 feet tall and extends into my book cases. I have had some of these books for a couple of years, but that is okay. I will read them soon and they look great on the wall. Besides, what better way to decorate than with books? 
  9. Frosty Branches: A book that chilled you to the bone and stayed with you- Final Girls by Riley Sager (Part crime novel, part slasher film, Finals Girls takes the sole survivor trope and turns it upside-down. Following sole survivor of the Pine Cottage Murders, Quincy Carpenter, we stumble upon a twisting and diabolical mystery that spans decades and delivers a shocking twist at the end that left me cold and shivering. This is an amazing debut novel that I highly recommend.)
  10. Bundled Up- A book that has a beautiful book jacket- Orhan's Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian (This historical fiction novel is set during decades of turmoil for one Armenian family caught up in the lies and secrets that one family can hold. Writing a debut novel that took seven years of research and writing, Aline Ohanesian has secured her place as one of today's most talented writers. I could not put this book down and have raved about it for a couple of years to readers that I meet. Beautifully written. And it also happens to have a beautiful cover that pulls you into the painting.)


Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.

  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 










All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II
All book covers (c) 2018 by their respective publishers

Comments