Top 5 Wednesday: Forgettable Books


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads Book Club that meets weekly to answer questions presented.  Our moderators are YouTubers, Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Samantha (ThoughtsOnTomes). I enjoy how every week this group brings the book community together. Great fun!

  This week's question asks: What are your Top 5 Forgettable Books? (This list can contain books that you loved or did not love. Just because you forgot a book does not mean that the book was not a wonderful read the first time.)


  1. Dimiter by William Peter Blatty- This book was forgettable to me due to the often sleepy and confusing plot. I was not a fan of this book. It was definitely no Exorcist.
  2. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury- This is my fault, because I have viewed the movie more than I have read the book. But this may be to my benefit when I re-read the book this year. I would rather forget and be surprised.
  3. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCollough- Again I have viewed the cinematic telling more than read the original source material. When I re-read this book I know that it will offer more to me than the mini-series.
  4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton- When I re-read this classic I find that I forget many plot points. This is not due to bad writing, but brilliant writing. Hinton has packed so much within the pages of her book that I am always pleasantly surprised when I pick it up again. Bravo to amazing writing.
  5. The Ramona Quimby Series by Beverly Cleary- I have re-read this series many times in the past. Now that I have decided to re-read the series after about 20 years, I know that it will surprise me and make me laugh just as much as it did before. Cleary is another author that packs a lot of content into her books.  

Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.
 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments