Tuesday Talks: Characters or Plot- What is More Importants to You?


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  I am playing catch-up with Tuesday Talks, a wonderful group on Goodreads that is a weekly discussion forum created by BookTubers Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. I have been away from posting for a while, and now it is time to return to the fun.

   This question is from February 14
: What is more important, characters or plot? 

  I believe that both the plot and the characters can be essential to any book succeeding. They tend to balance one another out. When choosing a book I tend to gravitate to a plot that I believe will be entertaining. This will not always be a good thing, as some authors may have a good idea for a plot, but poorly execute the idea. But if I get a book with a plot that turns out to be boring rather than entertaining, I will look to the established characters for guidance through the book. Even if a plot is lacking, a well-written character may be what the book needs to move it along.

  The marriage of character and plot is an important one. I cannot choose one of the two, because I believe they are both important.

Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content (c) Copyright 2017 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments