Top 5 Wednesday- Book Theme Songs

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Top 5 Wednesday is a an awesome Goodreads Book Club moderated by YouTubers, Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Samantha (ThoughtsOnTomes). I enjoy how every week this group brings the book community together. Great fun!

  This week's question asks: What are your Top 5 Book Songs?  This question covers the songs that you associate with your favorite reads. In 2015 I was associated many songs with books that I was reading. Here are a few:


  1. Renegade by Kerry Wilkinson (Silver Blackthorn, Part 2 of 3)- when I read this book Renegades by X Ambassadors was in my head and on the radio. It seemed to perfectly embody the struggles of Silver Blackthorn and her escaped "Offerings". This science fiction/ dystopian series' cliffhanger had me re-playing this song in my head well after the book ended.
  2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton- the song Invincible from the movie the Legend of Billie Jean seemed to creep into my brain. This awesome 80s gem by Pat Benatar was with me throughout this classic novel. The song sings of wronged people standing up for themselves in the face of the impossible. Considering what happened to Ponyboy Curtis and his friends, it was definitely a great song for this book.
  3.  Lantern City by Trevor Crafts and Matthew Daley- this hit Boom Studios comic book series featuring a futuristic city had me picking bits and pieces from Vangelis' Blade Runner soundtrack from the 80s. The struggles of the people against an evil corporation brought this classic soundtrack back into my head.
  4. The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty- this classic horror novel was accompanied by its cinematic counterpart's music. It was hard to read this book without Tubular Bells by Michael Oldfield playing in my head. Sometimes the movie does provide some assistance in reading the original source material.
  5. Wicked Charms by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton- this third book in the Lizzie and Diesel series was accompanied by Sax by Fleur East. It was the song that was the most trending and played. It was hard to escape this catchy tune. It made a great companion to this fun and adventurous supernatural tale.

 
  I look forward to reading everyone's answers. If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. 

    Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, and logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments