Comic Book Review: Green Arrow Rebirth #1 by Benjamin Percy and Otto Schmidt





Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

   New comic book Wednesdays have been a tradition for millions of comics fans for decades. It is exciting to travel into your local comic shop, and see all the new issues ready to be bought and read. This feeling has been heightened for me ever since I read DC Universe Rebirth #1. I have always been a DC fan, but lately my trips to the comic shop were rarely to buy DC issues. The New 52 did not speak to me like the amazing adventure stories of my past. But after reading Rebirth, I have begun to have a renewed interest in DC Comics. Why? Because their new commitment to their fans has thus far produced amazing books.  And it is great to see the DC Bullet back on top of their books.



  My next reading experience while going through my two-week stack of titles was Green Arrow Rebirth #1. I was particularly excited, because it reunites Green Arrow and Black Canary. I have enjoyed the twelve issue run of Canary's solo book, and she does not disappoint here. 




   Issue number one begins with Green Arrow and Black Canary facing off in an alley over a misunderstanding. After things cool off, she follows him to his penthouse with a young, homeless child they have taken under their care. The boy's mother has been abducted by an unknown assailant. The two heroes agree to team up to help the boy, but the affects of DC Universe Rebirth #1 have bled over into their lives. They feel as if they know each other more intimately somehow. But this mystery must wait.

  They soon find out that new threat has come to Seattle and with it, something terrifying. In the night the homeless are being taken by shadowy figures, dubbed the Underground Men. Dinah and Oliver take their charge back to his father just in time to encounter a small army of horrific creatures that begin to start taking the homeless. This is where the Canary Cry lets loose, and it is amazing. After the battle Green Arrow and Black Canary soon find out what the Underground Men are doing with the homeless, leading the heroes to confront a new threat. 

  Green Arrow Rebirth #1 is written by Benjamin Percy, with art by Otto Schmidt. This creator combo is just as exciting as the Arrow and the Bird  themselves. We are shot around like a ball in a pinball machine with this book's adventure. And the newest villains are straight out of your nightmares. I was thoroughly entertained by this book, and eagerly await it's next installment in Green Arrow #1 released next week on June 15th.

  I am now happy to add DC Comics back to my pull list. I have not read a Rebirth book yet that I have not enjoyed. Green Arrow Rebirth #1 is available at your local comic shop or on Comixology. Pick them up and you will not be regret it.

If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at the Book Depository. 
 
Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II


Flash images and DC Comics Logo (c) Copyright 2016 by DC Comics

Comments