Top 5 Bookish Pet Peeves






Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Yes, this is not a book review, but merely of a review of my five Bookish Pet Peeves. We all have them when it comes to our books. And if your book collection is proudly displayed, and you keep them looking neat, then this list if for you.


  1. Receiving a book back that you have let a friend borrow: Get ready for the inspection, because if you borrow a book from someone, it should return to its owner in the same condition that it was given to you. Please: no food or drinks stains, broken spines, dog-eared pages, rolled cover, or (my biggest fear) tears in the dust jacket. It is just respect. How would you feel if someone borrowed an expensive white sweater from you and it was returned with wine stains all over it? Treat possessions with respect, that includes books.
  2. Having someone tell you the plot of a book, when actually they are describing the movie version: Yes, this has happened to me. Someone decided to tell me the entire plot of a book to prove that they read it for a book club I was part of. They described in detail their favorite parts, all of which had been modified or changed for the film version. When he was called out on it, he left the discussion in a huff. 
  3. Audio books that feature a bad narrator- I am a big fan of listening to books. It comes in handy when I cannot physically read a book. But when you have a narrator that reads in a dull, monotone voice, it can have a profound affect on the reading experience. I have come across this a few times. My advice for them would be to listen to my favorite narrotors, like Lorelei King, Will Patton, or Marc Thompson. They are three of the most talented narrators out there, and they deliver wonderful performances complete with different voices.
  4. Books that are part of a series, but are released that visually do match their predecessors- We all have been there. The fourth book in a series is being released, and it looks nothing like the books before it. The books are taller. The dust jackets do not match. And it looks weird on your shelf. 
  5. People who decide that when they see you reading that it is time to strike up a conversation- How many times have you sat in a public place, and someone just randomly begins talking to you? I have had this happen in a library, as well. I don't mind a quick one minute exchange. But when you start with weather, current events, politics, and how many kids that you have who love to read, we have an issue. 


If you have a pet peeve or a comment for me, please leave it below. Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. 
 
Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments