Nostalgia Base: Scholastic Warehouse Sale- Danbury, Connecticut


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

  I have stated before how much I loved and appreciated my Scholastic Book Fairs when I was a kid in elementary school. They instilled a sense of excitement into my school, and to visit the Book Fair was an event for all of us. 

  I am happy to know that after all theses years I can still get excited about the Scholastic Book Fair. But this time around it is the Scholastic Warehouse Sale that has me excited every year. Just recently the Scholastic Warehouse Sale began in Danbury, Connecticut. I was able to peruse thousands of square feet of books. It was an event that was filled with eager book readers, teachers, book professionals, and thankfully, young children.



Millions of discounted books greet you as you enter
 
Hundreds of metal cabinets opened to reveal books from $1-$3


 It was an event that was filled with eager expressions, happy children, and a courteous staff that was extremely helpful. I noticed that all the children present at the sale were as excited as I was thirty years ago at my book fairs. They ran to their parents brandishing stacks of books, talking about how excited they were to read them. In the aisles were piled new releases, discounted paperbacks, and rows of hardcover books as low as $3.50. 

Stacks of Lunar Chronicles as low as $4

   For two hours, my friend and I conversed with readers of all ages. We attended the opening day event early in the morning, which was packed. We grabbed up books that were discounted by almost eighty percent. Thankfully shopping carts were provided by Scholastic for this event, since our book piles were getting high. There was also coffee, restrooms, and places to sit along the route of the sale. The register area was well organized with line captains that made sure we all were taken care of in a timely manner. I had a wonderful time at the sale, and received excellent customer service.


My box of middle grade and young adult books at the end of the sale


  I encourage you to visit Scholastic Books' website to find a warehouse sale near you, or to volunteer at your school's book fair.

Scholastic: http://registration.scholasticbookfairs.com/events/warehouse/

The Danbury, Connecticut Warehouse Sale runs from June 15 to June 25. When attending the sale, please bear in mind that this is a large warehouse filled with people. It may get hot in there, so dress accordingly.


If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. 
 
Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II


Comments