Top 5 Wednesday- Books That You Did Not Finish

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

I am happy to be answering my second question from the Goodreads group Top 5 Wednesday. It is a group created by Lainey from You Tube's GingerReadsLainey. Every Wednesday we answer a question and share our answers to the book community. 

  This week's question asks: What books have you DNF'd (Did Not Finish)?

  1.  Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley- this sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind was released in 1992. I traveled to my local Waldenbooks (remember them?), and shelled out the twenty-plus dollars to reead this soon to be "new classic". I started it, did not like it, and ended up donated it to a library book fair three years later. Will I ever read this book? Probably not.
  2.  To Kill a Mockinbird by Harper Lee- this was given to me in the tenth grade as a reading assignment. I watched the movie, and got a "D" for my efforts (the writing was good, but the teacher found out I never read it). I just found this at the thrift store, and as an adult I plan to read it this year.
  3.  Needful Things by Stephen King- I started this book in 1990. Yes, I know, why did you not finish it? I was a teenager at the time, and I was preoccupied with so much that it was set aside never to be seen again. I hope to one day finish this, since I did get half way through it at the time.
  4.  Descender, Vol I: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire & Dustin Nguyen- I bought the original single comic book issues of this storyline last Summer. I read the first issue, and never got around to continuing the series. It is now on my to read list for 2016.
  5.  After the Crash by Michel Bussi- this was an ARC (advanced reader copy) that I received from my local bookshop back in July. I set out to read it, then I got caught up in so many other new releases that I never finished it. It is a very interesting book so far, and I will eventually read it this year.

  There you have it, a glimpse into my book shame. Please let me know if you recommend any of the books I have in this list. I look forward to reading everyone's answers on Goodreads and YouTube.

 Because there is always time to read,
  Xepherus3   

 



At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments

  1. I don't know any of the books you mentioned except To Kill A Mockingbird, which I don't think I will ever read. I'm just not interested in picking it up. But I hope that you will like it. Here's my T5W answers: https://readingexperienceswithnora.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/t5w-books-i-dnf/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and linking your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment