Tuesday Talks- Do You Shop for Specific Books, or Are You a Browser?

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads Group serving the book community that is moderated by YouTubers, Janie Johnson and her book pal, Janelle. Check it out!


   This week's Tuesday Talks question is: Do You Shop for Specific Books, or Are You a Browser?

  When I venture out to look for books I usually shop both ways.

 When I am at a thrift shop or book fair I am looking for specific books to either complete a series or to find the more harder to find or out of print books. Just recently I began re-reading my childhood favorites. Many of them are hard to find. That is where the thrift shop and book fairs come in handy. With books either free or ranging from fifty cents to two dollars, it is a very inexpensive way to get the books that you need to complete a series of favorites. My box full of Janet Evanovich books I found at book fairs last year were a wonderful investment. I have read almost all of them.

  When I enter a book store I am less focused on finding books specifically. I like the fun of wandering the stacks and seeing what gets my attention. My favorite section is the bargain area at a book store. Just recently I bought two Ransom Riggs books for ten dollars on special at the Hickory Stick Book Store in Washington, Connecticut. Another awesome deal was at the Bank Street Book Nook in New Milford, Connecticut, which had free advanced reader copies with every purchase. I was able to get Lois Lane: Double Down by Gwenda Bond ahead of time. I loved the first book and this was a great surprise to find. Barnes and Noble has had great deals on newer books. Just recently I found Find Her by Lisa Gardner on sale for forty percent off, and I had a coupon that gave me another twenty percent off. After I rang out at the register I bought this book for ten dollars.

  Book buying does not have to be expensive. Looking for deals and wandering the stacks can be an great way to spend your day. Whether I am looking specifically for a book, or I getting lost among the volumes, book shopping is always a fun time.

  What do you find at your favorite stores when you go shopping. Please let me know below. Happy reading!


Because there is always time to read,
  Xepherus3 


At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments