Top 5 Wednesday- Biggest Book Hangovers



Hello, Fellow Book Worms!

I have a lot of fun answering questions from the Goodreads group Top 5 Wednesday. It is a group created by Lainey from You Tube'sGingerReadsLainey. Every Wednesday we answer a question and share our answers to the book community. You should check it out if you have not already. 
  1. The Shining Series by Stephen King-  The characters in these two horror novels are very memorable and fun to read. I found myself missing them, and I wished there was a third installment that I could continue my visit with them. Particularly in Doctor Sleep we were introduced to Abra Stone, a very powerful girl with the Shining, like Danny Torrance. But I also loved her family, especially her grandmother.
  2. The Lucky Santangelo Series by Jackie Collins- Who can resist reading about this power-house mobster family dealing with murder, sex, and illegal goings-on? Not me! Ever since high school I have been reading this series whenever a new book comes out. Sadly the Santangelos was to be Jackie's last Lucky book before the author's death in 2015. Lucky, Gino, Lenny, Venus, Cooper, and Lucky's kids (who star in a spin-off book) have entertained millions. Just recently I was able to find the entire series at book fairs and thrift stores. I plan to reread the series this year, with three unread Lucky books that I have not read.
  3. The Wicked Series by Janet Evanovich- This departure from the Stephanie Plum series finds us in Witch City, Salem, Massachusetts. We are introduced to Unmentionables, people with magical abilities that work on the light and dark side of magic. Our heroine, Lizzy Tucker, has the ability to find the fabled Saligia Stones, seven stones that harness the Seven Deadly Sins. This series is page after page of fun adventure with often hysterical circumstances. I finished two in a two week span, and I am reading the third, Wicked Charms, now. Since there is to be seven books, I can be happy yearly to get more of this series.
  4. Star Wars New Canon Books- With amazing authors helming this new Disney-Lucasfilm series of novels, I have been addicted to a galaxy far, far away. Authors like Claudia Gray, Alexander Freed, and Paul S. Kemp have been delivering exciting and fast-paced adventures that tie directly into the films. Each have been a blast to read, especially when accompanied by the outstanding audio productions which feature movie music, sound effects, and character readings.
  5. Orhan's Inheritance by Oline Ohanesian- This book was a different read for me. Among the many science fiction and detective novels I usually read I picked up this historical fiction novel. Based on the events of the Armenian Genocide of the early twentieth century, we follow a family through decades of tragedy, lies, and triumphs. It was so amazingly written that the chracters stuck with me for weeks. I was greatly affected by this story of courage.
   There you have it, this week's Top 5! I cannot wait to read other club entries.

Because there is always time to read,

  Xepherus3   
 
At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II


Comments