Top 5 Wednesday- Books That Feature Time Travel


Hello, Fellow Book Worms!

  Top 5 Wednesday is a group created by Lainey from You Tube's GingerReadsLainey. Every Wednesday we answer a question and share our answers to the book community. You should check it out if you have not already.

This week's Top 5 is : Books That Feature Time Travel: With this I have chosen books that I wish to read.

  1. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells- In my recent OwlCrate I was treated to a copy of the Time Machine. It was a book high on my list to read for 2016, and I was happy to receive this. I saw the movie from 1960 with Rod Taylor as a child, and I have love it ever since. But, as I have proven before, sometimes the book is better than the film. We shall see this year. Published in 1895, it will be part of my reading challenge as a "Book Published Over One Hundred Years Ago".
  2. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken- I began this book in January and did not like it. But I have heard a lot of good things about this novel, and I will plan to pick it up again soon. This story tells a tale of time travel from the views of two characters. My issue was that I liked Etta Spencer, but did not like Nicholas Carter. I found the narrative over-descriptive, and I felt bored at times. Plus the audiobook narrator ended almost every sentence with a small sigh. Maybe I will continue this sans narrator. I usually never leave a book unfinished, so this will be finished eventually.
  3. Chrononauts by Mark Millar and Sean Gordon Murphy- Image Comics released a time travel comic last year that was heralded as epic and often hilarious. I picked this series up last year with the intent of reading it but did not get the chance to. I like Mark Millar's writing and I believe I will love this series. It tells the tale of two scientists, Corbin Quinn and Danny Rielly, who create time jump suits that allow them to travel through out time. But something goes horribly wrong and the scientists find more they bargain for in the 15th Century!
  4. The Accelerators by R.F.I. Porto and Gavin P. Smith- While I was at New York Comic Con last year, I was approached by a woman dressed as a pirate. She was with Blue Juice Comics, and she began to describe their new series, Accelerators. It was pitched as a cat-and-mouse game between two people: one is a scientist, Alexa, sole survivor of a time experiment from the 1960s. The other is Bertram, a soldier that wants to wipe Alexa and her research from time altogether. This ten issue series has been very popular digitally at Comixology lately with a five star score.
  5. Wonder Woman #130-#136 by John Byrne- This late 90s tale involves Wonder Woman's mother, Hippolyte, going back in time, and becoming the very first Wonder Woman. She is united with the Justice Society of America, and works with the team to stop the evil Dark Angel from helping the Nazis win World War II. The story arc also involved her actions wiping Wonder Girl from the time line and a battle with her daughter for the title of Wonder Woman. Great work from comics legend, John Byrne!

 Because there is always time to read,
  Xepherus3   
 

At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3



All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II
All Wicked Charms photos (c) Copyright by the author and publisher


 

Comments