Winter Storm Book Tag: 2020 Edition





Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  The weather outside is frightful for us in the North East lately, so I thought a Winter Storm Book Tag was in order. When weather like this arrives I like to curl up with a few books, a warm blanket, and lots of coffee and cocoa. 




   Snuggle in and have fun with this, and tag a friend who would love to join in. Also if you have a Vlog, please feel free to make a video and show what books match this tag.

  Here we go in no particular order. Any books mentioned that I have reviewed will have a link to that review attached to the book's title:



         WINTER STORM BOOK TAG





Blizzard: A book with a cover as white as snow- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid has white on its cover. This is definitely a book to curl up with. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll in the era of Fleetwood Mac and the Rolling Stones. Told through interviews and newspaper articles, this audiobook is read by a full cast and will have you riveted trying to figure out why The Six broke up with Daisy Jones at the height of their popularity.




Snow Plow: A book that you plowed through in one sitting- What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrandt was a much-anticipated sequel that I was living to read. I started it in the morning and it was done by the evening. Unfortunately, now I have to wait for the next book due Autumn of 2020.

Fireside: A book so cozy, it left you warm and happy- Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich was fun, adventurous, and left me feeling great. I cannot get enough of these hilarious cast of crazy characters.  


Fuzzy Blanket: A book that you fell asleep under after reading far into the night- The Night Window by Dean Koontz was the long-awaited finale to his Jane Hawk series of suspense novels. It was everything a last book in a series should be. And I ended up reading until late into the night.




Hot Cocoa- A book that started off hot, then got cold- Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag started out with promise but fizzled in the end. It was a good book, but I realized the killer and their motives early on. The side characters were very good, but when they joined the main story it did not mesh for me. Thankfully this has been the only three-star read from Hoag that I have encountered. Most of her books are five stars.





Snow Flake: A book so unique that you have had a hard time finding another like it- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides was an intense and mind-bending read that delivered a twist so crazy that I was in shock. A great debut novel, and a favorite of many readers in 2019. I have yet to find another book with a twist that crazy.





Fire Wood: A book series that always keeps your reading fires going- The Jane Hawk series by Dean Koontz. A riveting entry into the spy/suspense genre. Starting with the Silent Corner, I was introduced to Jane Hawk and in a matter of three months had read all five books and the short novel. An amazing series from a legend of a writer. 



Avalanche- The approximate height of your books to read pile- It can stand side by side with Chewbacca from Star Wars.





Frosty Branches: A book that chilled you to the bone and stayed with you- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. It is a masterpiece of storytelling that chilled me every time I picked it up. Horrifying, funny, and filled with heart, this novel took me away and left a huge mark on my reader's soul.




Bundled Up- A book that has a beautiful book jacket- Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O'Connor has a gorgeous painting of the downtown area that the story takes place A beautiful cover that pulled me into it. It also does not hurt that it is a fantastic cozy mystery.




  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

 



Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 
 









My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2020 by Thomas Bahr II
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher




Comments