Book Review: What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Fall has arrived and with it, cold temperatures. What better time to escape to the Virgin Islands than on a chilly Autumn day. At the end of last year, I picked up Winter in Paradise as a Christmas gift. I read it at the beginning of 2019 and loved it, read it twice. Now the sequel has arrived and it is time to continue the investigation into the mysterious death of Russell Steele.  



  What Happens in Paradise is book two in a trilogy of novels written by Elin Hilderbrand. It is published by Little Brown & Company, an imprint of Hatchet Book Group. In this addicting story of mystery and romance, we return to the Virgin Islands.  Irene Steele continues to unravel the suspicious circumstances surrounding her husband, Russell's, helicopter crash that killed him and his mistress, Rosie Small. At the end of book one, all parties involved with Steele were contacted by the FBI. The Bureau was looking into Russell and his shady boss, Todd Croft. Irene and her family return to St. John, where they are confronted by lies, conspiracy, and possibly murder.

  Irene is still wrestling with her infatuation of Rosie's step-father, Huck. Her sons, Baker and Cash are still pining for waitress, Ayers. But even though these storylines continue, Hilderbrand has managed to offer this mystery further a few shocking revelations. I enjoyed how this second novel peeled back the events that lead to Russell and Rosie's fateful New Year's Eve helicopter ride. It was wonderful to return to this ensemble cast. After book one I had reserved a place in my heart for them, and to see their continuing story made book one all the more special to me.

  I read this novel in part with the narration of actress, Erin Bennett. She returns to these characters once again and her performance is excellent. She has a very even voice that delivers lines that can be sped up if needed. I particularly love her portrayal of Irene. It almost feels as if this story is being told to me by the character. I hope she reads book three.

  What Happens in Paradise was an excellent follow up to the first novel. I look forward to finishing the trilogy next year. This installment was a solid 4 stars for me. It delivered excellent character development and surprises. And the ending left me wanting more. I highly recommend reading both books together. It will enhance your experience.

  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

 



Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 
 







My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2019 by Thomas Bahr II
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher



Comments