Reading Habits: Re-Reading Books

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Many of you have been asking me: Why does someone re-read a book?


  I have a few reasons why I re-read books:

Series Re-Reads- Many times I get involved in a series of books. Duologies, trilogies, and long-term series are my main factors. For example: if a book was released in 2015 and a few years later its sequel comes out, I may have forgotten important details in the storyline and need to revisit them. I can do this by referencing parts of the novel, or I can just set aside some time to re-read the entire book. I find that re-reading the entire novel is the best way.  
Seasonal and Holiday Re-Reads- I tend to re-read certain books at certain times of the year. For Halloween, I re-read The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. For Christmas, I pull out my Christmas Story leather-bound book by Charles Dickens. I also have re-read S.E. Hinton's Outsiders in the Summer, which reminds me of being a teenager and reading this amazing book for the first time. The time of year has a big factor in my reading, especially in Autumn with the falling leaves and smoky air from bonfires. That is when I read mysteries, historical fiction, and scary books.
 Childhood Memories Re-Reads- I love picking up a book that I read as a child. By doing this I get into a fun and cozy mood, remembering how I felt when I read a childhood favorite for the first time. This can include Beverly Cleary, Lois Lowry, or John Bellairs. It is always a great idea to revisit a happy childhood or to create one that you may have not had.

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios


 

Comments