Tuesday Trilogies & Series: Wicked Business (Lizzie & Diesel #2) by Janet Evanovich

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

     Written by Janet Evanovich and published by Bantam Publishing, Wicked Business picks up directly after the first novel. With the Gluttony Stone safely tucked away at the Bureau of Unmentionable Marshalls, the next stone to be found is the Stone of Lust. With an already heated attraction between her and her often arrogant partner, Diesel, Lizzy Tucker is not sure she wants to find the stone. 

  When a professor is thrown from the balcony of his high-rise apartment, all clues lead to the Luxuria Stone and a book of sonnets written decades prior. The book was owned by the professor and it has gone missing. Lizzy and Diesel have the key that opens the book and their sinister adversary, Wulf, has the book. Using information gathered all over Boston, Cambridge, and Salem, Massachusetts, the magical pair are on the trail of the Luxuria Stone.
 
  This book zipped along at a very fast pace and managed to cram a lot of story in its three hundred pages. It was as fun and witty as the first novel, with a bit more danger than in book one. Glo was in true form casting a flatulence spell that had me gagging with laughter (pun intended). And the sexual tension between our two main characters often had me loosening my collar. Just when I thought this book could not improve upon the original, Evanovich proved me wrong giving me an adventurous finale.

  I read this in part with Lorelei King's audiobook performance. She did another amazing job narrating these characters.  She definitely adds a great dimension to any book she reads, and this was no different. Her performance made the book move quickly.

  This second book in this series was everything I had hoped for and more! I gave this book five out of five stars. This series is a fun way to relax and enjoy reading. 

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments