Chills & Thrills: I See You (Criminal Profiler #2) by Mary Burton

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   



  I See You is Mary Burton's second book of her Criminal Profiler series. In it, we are introduced to a disgraced reporter, Nikki McDonald. She is on the hunt for the story that will re-launch her career. But when a tip leads her to the remains of a long-dead girl, she may be in over her head. Enter Special Agent Zoe Spencer, whose job is to painstakingly reconstruct a likeness from skeletal remains. She is diligent in her work and soon the remains are identified as Marsha Prince, the daughter of a wealthy business owner, missing for many years. Prince's sister, Hadley Foster, had since moved on with her life, married and with a teenage daughter, Skylar.

  Soon Zoe is reunited with a former lover, Detective William Vaughan, as the two are assigned the case. To complicate things a serial killer has seemingly set up shop in their jurisdiction. Then Hadley and her daughter disappear. Could this be the work of the same person who kidnapped and killed Marsha Prince? Or has their latest maniac taken them? With Nikki McDonald hot on their heels for the scoop of the decade, Spencer and Vaughan must be one step ahead to solve this latest case.

  I See You was a good addition to the series. I enjoyed the chemistry between Zoe and William and their romance was intense and a much-needed distraction. The storyline was good and the reveal at the end was exciting. Burton had some interesting police procedures thrown in that were very interesting. And Nikki McDonald was a fun character that I hope to see more of. 

  Bailey Carr narrates the audiobook. She did not disappoint with this presentation. Carr brought Burton's words to life quite nicely. Her use of different voices did well to bring the narrative alive. I hope she will be reading more Mary Burton novels.

  Three stars later I found this to be enjoyable. I was not as invested in the novel's characters as I was in book one. But it was a fun read nonetheless. 

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments