Thursday Thrillers: The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2) by Dan Brown- Illustrated Edition

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   

  The Da Vinci Code is written by Dan Brown and this illustrated edition is published by Doubleday Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House. The Da Vinci Code catches up with Harvard Professor Robert Langdon one year after the Earth-shattering events of Angels and Demons. Langdon remains in the spotlight after his involvement in the prior year's Vatican City crisis. In France for a well-publicized lecture event, Robert is awoken from sleep by the arrival of police. Bezu Fache, a French police captain, wishes Langdon's presence at the Louvre museum. Robert has a meeting planned with a famous curator at the museum, Jaques Sauniere. But when Langdon and Fache arrive at the Louvre, they discover  Jaques has been murdered. On the floor around his body are sentences that unravel a mysterious message. That message ends with PS: find Robert Langdon.


  As Fache continues to question Robert on what he knew of Sauniere, Agent Sophie Neveu arrives from Cryptology. She says that Robert has been asked by the American Embassy to contact them. When he phones the embassy using the number that she gives him, he is met with a recording from Sophie stating that he is in danger and a suspect in the murder of Jaques Sauniere. After a daring escape from the Louvre, Langdon is set on the path to find one of history's greatest mysteries, the Holy Grail. Chased by an assassin named Silas and the French police, Robert must trust Sophie to get him out of Paris. The Da Vinci Code races along at break-neck speed as Langdon and Neveu uncover clue after clue using the works of Leonardo Da Vinci.  

    I enjoyed the mystery and intrigue and was fully invested in the grand landscape that Brown laid out before me. I enjoyed the chemistry between Langdon and Sophie. And when the villains were revealed I felt the danger that they were in. I read this book every chance I could, even listening while doing housework, when I was away from the physical book. 
Faith is tested and secrets are revealed, as the Da Vinci Code heads toward an ending that was unbelievable.  
  
  I read this novel in part with the narration of actor, Paul Michael. He delivered an excellent performance that included vocal changes and accents. His voice was easy to listen to and left me wanting more. I am happy to see that he also reads other novels in this series. 

 
The illustrated edition of the Da Vinci Code is a large tablet of a book that adds a lot of meat to this tale. Crammed full of photos and documents, the Da Vinci Code is turned into an immersive experience. I am happy that I was able to read this novel in this manner. Being able to see the places and artifacts mentioned in this book fleshed out the story. 

   The non-illustrated 10th Anniversary Edition is now available in my Pango Books store for purchase.

  The Da Vinci Code Was a five-star read that whisked me away on an amazing adventure. If you are looking for a literary journey that spans the globe, this one is for you!   

  Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments