Book Review: The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite #4) by Robert Dugoni

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,


   

  The Trapped Girl is written by Robert Dugoni, and is published by Thomas and Mercer, an Amazon imprint. In it, a terrifying discovery is made by a teenager illegally crabbing Puget Sound in Washington. Encased in a snagged crab pot are the remains of a woman, with a gunshot wound to the head. Upon further investigation, it is found that she had recently had plastic surgery. When Tracy Crosswhite and her A-Team of detectives take on the case, they begin to find more information on the woman. And from what they discover the woman appears to have been on the run. Soon Jane Doe's identity is revealed to be that of a woman named Lynn Hoff. But Lynn Hoff's face matches another woman that had been reported missing months prior during a hike on Mount Rainier.


  To complicate matters further, the Pierce County Sheriff's Department has called jurisdiction on the case. Since the hiker went missing on Mount Rainier, they request a case transfer. But too many unanswered questions arise, and Tracy cannot let the case go. How could someone disappear on Mount Rainier only to be found in a crab pot over fifty miles away in Puget Sound?  

  The Trapped Girl was not what I expected at all. It presented what seemed to be a clear-cut case that soon proved to be more intricate and deadly than I had expected. What I thought was true was made false, and what I thought was false was made true. Soon I began to lose faith in my own deductive skills. And when the reveal came at the end I was shocked.

  Emily Sutton Smith once again brought Tracy Crosswhite to life with her sound performance of the Trapped Girl. I always look forward to hearing her read the detective's adventures. This one was particularly an excellent reading, with all the twists and turns and many characters. I always knew who was being portrayed. Sutton-Smith did not disappoint.

  The Trapped Girl was a fun and often tension-filled four-star novel with many surprises. I loved the character development (and the surprise event at the end). I found myself constantly talking about this book to friends, and recommending it even though I was only halfway through it. This was another fun and exciting crime novel by Robert Dugoni that filled my reading schedule with mystery and suspense.     

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments