New Year's Reading Resolution: 10 Months Later...




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

  You may remember a post I did on December 30, 2015. In this post I related my sure-fire methods I would implement to make 2016 a better reading year. Ten months later how have I done?

  In 2016 I have read a total of 41 books. This is a great bit of news, since I vowed to read 50 books. But did I manage to follow my plan? Let's find out:

UPDATE-

  1. Take seven books that I began and never finished out of my bookcase. This has not worked so well this year, as I keep getting excited about new releases, and always put down the books I have yet to finish.
  2. Set these books next to my bed standing up between bookends on my nightstand as a TBR. This has had some success. I found that using an old wooden CD holder on its side holds up to 13 books, so that my TBR is always by me.
  3. Make sure I have bookmarks spaced in the last section I read. I only implemented this with one book, and then I abandoned this.
  4. If these books have audio books, I will download them to my phone for easy access. This has been a major success, especially when traveling. I love taking long bus rides and listening to audio books. It not only makes the trip fly by, but also I can breeze through a book a lot faster.
  5. I will take one book and promise to read at least thirty pages a night. This has had some success when I have been in reading slumps. But ultimately I end up reading 60 to 100 pages depending on the book. Some books, less.
  6. I will take earphones with me in case I can read them traveling or walking. Again, listening to audio books has been a great success.
  7. After I am done with the seven books, I will begin the process again. I have done this many times this year. After I read one book, I add a new one to my pile. Something about seeing that full stack gives me the drive to read more.
  After ten months, my Reading Resolutions for 2016 have had some success. As always, I look forward to that next great read!

 Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what comics you are reading.

 Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 






All written content and Top photography (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II


Comments