Halloween Book Tag 2016





 Hello, Book Worms and Book Dragons,

  Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. I love to make popcorn balls, drink cider, and carve pumpkins. And I love reading scary books and watching horror films. 

  When I saw this book tag circulating through the book community I had to answer the questions. Without further ado:

The Halloween Book Tag  


  1. Carving Pumpkins (what book would you carve up and light on fire?) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I found this book to be rather boring and it never caught my attention. The narrative reads like fan fiction (of which it was made from), and the characters say some pretty silly dialogue.
  2. Trick or Treat (What character is a trick and what character is a treat?) I choose my two from teh same book- Trick: Reverend Lowery from Walk the Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson: this seemingly quiet and proper preacher definitely turned into a trick when he asked 16 year old Lee Westfall to marry him after his wife died. He definitely has some surprises under that clerical collar. Treat: Lee Westfall from the same novel. She starts off as a non-descriptive girl hunting in the woods, and becomes a brave and magical young woman with more courage than any man of her time in teh late 1800s. She is a joy to read.
  3. Candy Corn (What book is always sweet?) Any Ramona Quimby book from Beverly Cleary. I can read these every year and never get sick of the positive stories with kids that actually love their parents. Ramona is always getting into mischief, but there is usually a lesson learned at the end of each book.
  4. Ghost (What character would you like to visit you as a ghost?) Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter books by J.K.Rowling. He is a wise and brave wizard that has so much to share and teach. I would love to spend time talking wizarding things with him.
  5. Dressing Up in Costume (What character would you want to be for a day?) Bazine Netal from Star Wars canon books. She is a bad ass and has quite an adventurous life as told in Perfect Weapon by Deliah S. Dawson. I would not mind being her for a day...provided she did not have a contract on her head at the time.
  6. Wizards and Witches (What is your favorite Harry Potter moment?) Voldemort's reveal in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. No matter how many years I will always reflect on Professor Quirrell revealing that the dark wizard was with him all along.
  7. Blood and Gore (What book did you have to take a break from?)   Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Not that the book is overly gory, but the content of the book was very realistic and the cavalier way the Mercedes Killer conducts his life is often chilling. Six months later I have yet to pick it up again. 

 

  Happy Halloween!

Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Pumpkin and lightning Gif images are not my creations and can be found free online

Comments