Thriller Review: Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney
Rock Paper Scissors is written by Alice Feeney, and published by Flatiron Books.
Amelia Wright believes her marriage is wrong. She has struggles with her husband Adam's solitude work as a screenwriter. She tries and still her marriage is on the rocks. When she wins a getaway in the Scottish Highlands, she believes a romantic weekend may fix their problems.
But their weekend ends up being during a blizzard. And strange things are occurring around their vacation rental. No cell service. No way out. And it appears they are there under false pretenses. There are tales of ghosts and witches. And a cemetery behind the rental offers a shocking revelation. Can the Wrights trust one another? Or has someone else targeted the couple?
Alice Feeney took me on vacation and plunged me into a nightmare. Isolated from the world in a sea of white, there was no escape from the twisted lives of the Wrights. Feeney worked with dual timelines to show the progression of their failing marriage. Utilizing letters written by Mrs. Wright to Adam, we are introduced to a cast of characters that I never trusted. When the twists arrived, and their history was revealed, I was in shock.
I read Rock Paper Scissors in part with the audiobook read by Richard Armitage (Don't Let Him In) and Stephanie Racine (Daisy Darker). Their narration was intimate and emotional. They paired well with this tumultuous couple and served a sense of urgency I loved. When the twists came I felt the emotions of this couple. An excellent performance that left me breathless.
Rock Paper Scissors was a day read for me. Chapter after chapter I realized this was five stars. It had everything I wanted in a spooky winter thriller. If you have not read this novel, add it to your spooky or winter TBR. I think you will not be disappointed.
Let me know what you are reading in the comments below.
Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3
Follow me on social media by visiting my Linktree.

All written content Copyright (c) 2026 by Thomas Bahr II
All store and debut novel ads are designed and Copyright (c) by Xepherus Studios
Days to Die is (c) Copyright 1990-2026 by Thomas Bahr II (T.L. Bahr) All Rights Reserved
BOTM logo is copyrighted by Book of the Month
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher
her







.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment