TBR Box Killed the TBR Jar: Update
Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,
At the beginning of the year I decided to change the way I tackled my To Be Read shelves. I used a bell jar filled with photo stickers of various book covers. As the covers were added the jar became too small. I graduated the collection to trading card snap boxes: one for comics and one for novels.
I took into consideration nearly 10 years of collecting digital books and my current TBR shelves. I used my HP Sprocket to print 4 book covers per sticker. I cut the covers out and combined any series or authors into tiny baggies for easy retrieval. The rest were stacked together loose.
![]() |
| Sample of my 2" x 3"sticker sheet |
Let's take a few minutes to see how my experiment is progressing. And the changes that were made since:
- Always maintain 50 or more books in the jar. (I have exceeded that number, adding comics and graphic novels to 2 trading card boxes.)
- Read what I pick (this still works very well. In the event of a DNF, I label the back of the sticker and set aside with other books I did not finish.)
- If the book chosen is part of a series, draw another book. (series are now in small baggies. When the baggie is pulled, I choose the next book in the series).
- After I finish the book I peel the book cover sticker and add it to my reading journal. (I have created a journal using my book binding hobby. After the month is over, I tally the reading numbers.)
This experiment has been successful and I feel I read more because of it.
How do you pick your next read? Let me know what you are reading in the comments below.
Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3
Follow me on social media by visiting my Linktree.

All written content Copyright (c) 2026 by Thomas Bahr II
All store and debut novel ads are designed and Copyright (c) by Xepherus Studios
Days to Die is (c) Copyright 1990-2026 by Thomas Bahr II (T.L. Bahr) All Rights Reserved
BOTM logo is copyrighted by Book of the Month
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher







.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment