Revisiting Riley Sager: Lock Every Door

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,
As I continue to read my way through Riley Sager's novels, I love looking back at past reviews (and editing them). Here is the third in my series of revisiting my Riley Sager reviews:
Lock Every Door is the third thriller by Riley Sager, and is published by Dutton Books. In this twisty tale of terror, we are introduced to Jules Larsen. Her job hunt leads to an advertisement for an apartment sitter at the famous Bartholomew Building. After her interview goes well and she is hired, she moves in to begin her three-month stay.
Her friend, Chloe, is suspicious of the deal and warns her against staying. As the days go by it is apparent that this job is indeed too good to be true. Ears are listening. Eyes are watching. And the fairy tale life at the Bartholomew is about to get deadly. In order to survive Jules better lock every door before her nightmares get in.
Lock Every Door was a clever thriller that pulled me in from the first chapter. I was invested in the cast of characters and loved that Sager made everyone suspicious. I was sure that I knew what was going on, then Sager proved me wrong on several occasions. The overall mystery and tone led to an exciting finale that left me shocked. There are so many layers to this tale that to say more would ruin all of the surprises. Suffice it to say, the plot twist was incredible.
I read Lock Every Door in part with the narration of Dylan Moore. She gave voice to Jules's naive personality and as the character grew, so did her tone and delivery. She handled multiple characters well, which included an elderly woman. I look forward to hearing more books performed by Moore. Excellent work.
Lock Every Door was another five-star read from Riley Sager. It is a macabre and dark novel that shocks and surprises page after page. I read this novel in a day and it was well worth the time. If you need a heart-pounding read, this is one book that will not disappoint.
Let me know what you are reading in the comments below.
Follow me on social media by visiting my Linktree.
Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3
Follow me on social media by visiting my Linktree.
I am preparing my debut novel for publication. Check out the official website for clues, crowdfunding, and previews.
Enjoy shopping with me at my eBay store and visit my Print-on-Demand sites for t-shirts, mugs, and more!
I am a proud affiliate of Audible & Book of the Month. Check out their amazing selection and save by clicking above.

All written content Copyright (c) 2026 by Thomas Bahr II
All store and debut novel ads are designed and Copyright (c) by Xepherus Studios
Days to Die is (c) Copyright 1990-2026 by Thomas Bahr II (T.L. Bahr) All Rights Reserved
BOTM logo is copyrighted by Book of the Month
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher






.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment