Thriller Review: Don't Let Him In by Lisa Jewell
Don't Let Him In is written by Lisa Jewell, and is published by Atria Books.
In this tale of deceit and murder, we meet Ash Swann. She is currently living with her parents after a rough patch. But when her father is pushed in front of a subway train, her life falls apart. During their bereavement, a man from her dad's past arrives. He is kind and loving and has stories of her father. Her mother begins seeing this man named Nick, and suspicions begin to rise to the surface.
Ash begins to look into Nick Radcliffe's past. With each interview it is becoming clear he is not who he claims to be. As she closes in on the truth, she realizes she is playing a game of cat and mouse with a man one step ahead of her.
Lisa Jewell has always been the kind of author that writes a juicy plot. When I open her books, I can expect family drama, suspense, and a few surprises. This novel, however, was more than I bargained for. The narrative was an intricate spider's web of thrills that had me reading throughout the night. In the end I was left with series of twists that culminated into an exciting finale.
I read Don't Let Him In in part with the full-cast narration of Richard Armitage, Joanne Froggatt, Tamaryn Payne, Gemma Whelan, Louise Brealey, and Patience Tomlinson. Each took their roles seriously and became the characters they played. I was enchanted by the production they delivered. This cast was a wise choice to bring these characters to life.
In the end, this novel joined my five-star reads. I read this in one sitting and loved every minute of this thriller. There is a lot I want to add, however I will refrain. I went into this novel not even reading the synopsis. I found that entering this book without any explanation gave it more a punch for me in the end.
I will say if you want a juicy thriller with family secrets, this book is for you.
Let me know what you are reading in the comments below.
Follow me on social media by visiting my Linktree.
Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3
Enjoy shopping with me at my eBay store and visit my Print-on-Demand sites for t-shirts, mugs, and more!

All written content Copyright (c) 2026 by Thomas Bahr II
All store and debut novel ads are designed and Copyright (c) by Xepherus Studios
Days to Die is (c) Copyright 1990-2026 by Thomas Bahr II (T.L. Bahr) All Rights Reserved
BOTM logo is copyrighted by Book of the Month
Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher


.png)




.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment