Top 5 Wednesday: What Bookish Things Are You a Grinch About?


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads Book Club that meets weekly to answer questions presented.  Our moderators are YouTubers, Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Samantha (ThoughtsOnTomes). I enjoy how every week this group brings the book community together. Great fun!

  This week's question asks: What bookish things are you a Grinch about? 


  There are many things that I can be a Grinch about when picking up a book to read. Here are some fun things that can make my heart 2 sizes too small:

  1.   Bookmarks that mysteriously disappear- this usually occurs when I have a new bookmark. I am reading, and when I reach for my bookmark I cannot find it. I search high and low, but to no avail. It is lost. I solemnly choose a new marker and continue with my book. Several months later while I am house cleaning I find it in an odd location (the last place I found a book mark was in a potted plant).
  2.   Forgetting the cup of coffee I just brewed for my reading session- I love coffee and a snack when I read. I have often brewed a new cup of coffee, added a yummy creamer, and settled down to read my latest book. After a while I turn and reach for my coffee. And I realize that I left my mug under the coffee maker. I am comfortable. I have reached a great part of my book. It is calm and quiet. But my coffee is not by my side. The situation gets worse when the coffee is cold.  
  3.   That one pillow in your reading nook that has a mind of its own- I have that one pillow in my reading nook that likes to move slowly to the side ruining my reading groove. It usually happens without warning. I lean forward to grab my coffee (when I actually remember it), and when I sit back my pillow has shifted away from me, leaving me without any support. I careen backwards, book and coffee balancing precariously in my hands, desperately trying to regain my comfortable position. Once I actually get the pillow behind me I can almost hear it laugh at me.
  4.   Trying to read by Christmas tree light- Christmas tree light is so soothing and pretty. It makes me feel calm and relaxed. And what better mood to read a book in. But once I try to read by tree light I find out very quickly that I am misreading sentences, and loosing my place in my book. Eventually a light goes on and the mood is broken. Maybe I need brighter lights...
  5.   Receiving a book that you have already read as a Christmas gift- I have been excited many times on Christmas to get a wrapped book. I have slowly opened the package only to discover that not only do I have the book, but I have already read it. I guess this could be mostly my fault since I cannot stop buying new releases the day they arrive. Oops...

 And there you have, my bookish Grinchiness.

  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
  
Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2017 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments

  1. Excellent list! Very different than the others I have read, but it brought a smile to my lips which I needed today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that I could make you smile. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Xepherus Reads Reading Challenge

Xepherus Reads 2024 Reading Challenge

Book Review: Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid