Tuesday Talks: How Did You Do with Your 2017 Reading Goals?


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Tuesday Talks is an wonderful group on Goodreads that is a weekly discussion forum created by BookTubers Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. It is a fun and active group to be a part of.

   This week's question is: How Did You Do with Your 2017 Reading Goals?  


  2017 has been a rough year for reading for me. There has been a lot of change in my life, the country, and the world. I have found myself gravitating towards reading the daily newspaper rather than a work of fiction. But there were some things that I wanted to accomplish and I have accomplished them.

 Here are my reading and bookish goals and how I did with them:
  • Read at least 25 books this year- as of this writing I have managed to add 30 books to my Goodreads Challenge. 
  • Read books that I normally do not read- this year I found myself reading different genres, as well as children's books. This has made reading a lot of fun.
  • Read one book at a time- reading 3 or more has not been working lately, which prompted me to read one book at a time. This has served me well. 
  • Finally start a bookmark collection and house it in a decorative container- I bought an owl mug and filled it full of bookmarks from many different stores in New England and New York City. 
  • Get protective covers to keep my dust jackets from getting damaged- using Clear Bags I was able to cover my books. I love their archival quality and I feel better about the care of my books. 

   There you have it, my bookish progress for 2017 thus far. I look forward to reading all of your answers.

 Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2017 by Thomas Bahr II


Comments