Tuesday Talks: Reading Outside Your Normal Genre


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Tuesday Talks is an wonderful group on Goodreads that is a weekly discussion forum created by BookTubers Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. It is a fun and active group to be a part of.

   This week's question is:
Have you read a book out of your normal genre and you enjoyed it? 

   Reading outside of my usual genre of mystery and science fiction happens on occasion. When I go for something different I look for historical fiction or middle grade books to read. A lot of middle grade books offer contemporary stories  and family-driven comedy that helps a great deal with reading slumps, as well. I purchased a lot of Beverly Cleary books recently not only as nostalgia, but to help break up my reading schedule. I never tire of reading middle grade. Historical fiction, I find, can be a great alternative when choosing a different genre, I enjoy the mix of history, drama, and sweeping stories. Gone with teh Wind by Maragret Mitchell covers this in a grand way. I plan on re-reading that novel, since it's been at least 25 years since I read it the first time. 

  When you think about, reading outside of your genre is many times a good idea.

  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what comics you are reading.
 Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 







All written content and Top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II



Comments