Tuesday Talks: Bookish Buzz Words


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Tuesday Talks is an wonderful group on Goodreads that is a weekly discussion forum created by BookTubers Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. It is a fun and active group to be a part of.

   This week's question is:
Do you have any buzz words that determine what books you buy or do not buy? 


  I am the type of reader that loves buzz words. Ha ha, who am I kidding, I choose books with pretty covers, as well. The buzz words that I look for in a book are:

  1. First-time author (I love the feeling of discovering new authors)
  2. New series (a new series from a favorite author is filled with possibilities. If I have enjoyed a past series from an author, then I will definitely buy the first book of a new series)
  3. New York Times Best-Selling (yes, guilty as charged. If I see this on a book's cover I will automatically want to read it. I figure if they are on that best-seller list, then they must be awesome)
  4.   Recommendation blurbs from famous authors (I purchased a book last year that Stephen King had recommended, called Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruis Zafon)
  5.  If you liked... (This one does not always work out for the best, but I always have hope. This worked for the Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill. I read that if I liked Harry Potter I would love this book. And I did)

  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 





All written content and Top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II



Comments