Top 5 Wednesday: A Book You Were Spoiled For





Hello, Fellow Book Worms!

I am happy to be answering my second question from the Goodreads group Top 5 Wednesday. It is a group created by Lainey from You Tube's GingerReadsLainey. Every Wednesday we answer a question and share our answers to the book community. 

Books You Were Spoiled For:


  1.  Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling- This book was spoiled for me by someone telling me what happens to Albus Dumbledore. Sometimes I do not usually mind spoilers, but this ruined my excitement I had to read this book.
  2. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee- The reviews for this book delayed me from buying this sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. I kept seeing piles of this novel at every book store, with employees of each store saying that no one was buying it. I did finally pick it up on Kindle on Black Friday for $5. It's on my 2016 TBR.
  3. Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig- This book was an event for me. I waited in line at midnight for the toys and new products. I was out all morning going from store to store. I finally got my hands on this much-anticipated Star Wars novel, ready to find out what had happened after Return of the Jedi. But it was very underwhelming in its narrative, and barely mentioned any characters from the original trilogy. It took me a long time to get through this book. My original anticipation was ruined when I read the book. I liked the story and the new characters, but it did not meet my expectations.
  4. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken- I was excited to read this book, and bought it on its release day. However I had serious issues getting through the first part of the book. And I did not like one of the characters in this duology. I was told that it gets better and becomes exciting. I decided to leave it on my TBR and try it again later.
  5. Cold Cold Heart by Tami Hoag- I am a huge Tami Hoag fan. I was excited to read Cold Cold Heart, but repeatedly I was not able to buy this book. Every time I had the cash for it another bill came along. After a while I just gave up and did not buy it. But last year I attended a book fair and I found it for $1 in hardcover. This was one instance where being disappointed paid off. In the end it was an excellent novel that had me reading through the night.
 Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3

Reading Challenge: http://xepherusreads.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-reading-challenge-update.html
At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios
At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios
At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II
 

Comments