Bookish Eats- Foodstirs Heart-Shaped Cookie Starter Kit


Hello, Fellow Book Worms!

  Welcome to a new segment on Xepherus Reads. Here I will share some food ideas that will fit in great with your book snacking. This time I will be reviewing the Foodstirs Heart Cookie Starter Kit. This fun and easy kit will make some awesome cookies to go with your latest read!

    I love to cook and bake. However my efforts do not always have the best outcome. Part of my issue is failure to follow a recipe. When I saw actress Sarah Michelle Gellar on television promoting her business venture with her two best friends, Galit Laibow and Gia Russo, I was very interested. Called Foodstirs, their concept involved using all-natural ingredients in their subscription boxes, eliminating the harsh ingredients we find in common boxed mixes. They spoke of sharing the experience of baking with family and friends, and how they wished for their customers to experience that, as well

  I went to Foodstirs website and ordered their starter kit. It was $5.95 (this paid for shipping), and held all that was needed to create heart-shaped sugar cookies. Prior to my box's arrival I was emailed by Foodstirs explaining that I would need an egg and one stick of butter on hand for this recipe. I thought that was a nice touch to let us know ahead of time what we needed for this kit. My kit arrived four days after I ordered it and was tightly packed.





  Their box continued to advertise their core beliefs, as well as a reminder that this box holds real ingredients. Upon opening the box I was surprised by how much this kit held.





  Inside were:


  1. Red and white sprinkles
  2. A heart-shaped cookie cutter
  3. Food-safe bags
  4. Gift tags and twine
  5. Large bag of sugar cookie mix 
  6. Recipe and idea cards
   I set up my space to work and chose the messy route in making my cookies. Instead of using a mixer, I chose to use my hands to mix the ingredients. It was a blast and I was soon laughing and enjoying the mess I was making. After eating a third of the dough off my fingers, I continued the steps of the recipe. Chill dough. Preheat oven. Get your rolling area ready with flour. 

  Soon I had a tray of cookies perfectly cut out with sprinkles on top. I baked them for ten minutes and set them to cool. Sounds simple, right. Well, yes, it was. But true to my nature I made two mistakes with this recipe:

  1. I forgot and added two eggs instead of one
  2. I placed the cookies too close to each other and they baked together
  But I baked cookies without needing a fire extinguisher nearby, and that was all that mattered. In making my mistakes I ended up with rounder cookies that were fluffy and almost cake-like. And they were delicious



  The use of all-natural and pronounceable ingredients made a huge difference in taste. Even the sprinkles tasted amazing. I loved the experience of making these cookies. The recipe was very easy (despite my errors), and the smell they made baking was intoxicating. I am very impressed by the effort that Foodstirs goes through to make their customers happy. I also love their continuous love of cooking with family, especially children. My mother cooked with me all the time, and encouraged messes. Not only was it fun making the mess, it taught me at a young age to clean up after myself.

  Foodtirs baking kits are a wonderful product presented by people who care about using better ingredients. And they remind us that sometimes we neglect to come together with family and friends. After I was done with this kit I shared the cookies with my co-workers. We had a wonderful conversation and laughed a lot. Later in the evening, I brewed some tea and took a few cookies with me to my bedside. Picking up my latest novel, I proceeded to jump into my book. I rewarded myself with a cookie after each chapter I read. It was a good thing that the book's chapters were short...

  Check out Foodstirs and try them for only $5.95! what have you got to loose? I assure you that it will be a fun time in the kitchen!

https://foodstirs.com/

  Because there is always time to read (and snack),
  Xepherus3   
 
At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3
All written content, photography and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II
Foodstirs logo (c) Copyright Foodstirs, 2016
  

Comments