Book Review: A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan

  






Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!


   January is always a great month of reading for me. That clean slate feeling is very addictive. I love choosing books that captured my attention but sat in my TBR pile. January is a chance to give those waiting books a read. I loved Sarah Morgan's book The Christmas Sisters and could not wait to read another of her holiday offerings.
 

  A Wedding in December is written by Sarah Morgan. It is published by HQN Books and is her 2019 Christmas novel of which she releases yearly. In this story of holiday romance and second chances, we are introduced to Rosie White. Rosie is getting married to a man she recently met and she has invited her family to Colorado for her Christmas wedding. Her mother, Maggie, has made Christmas at their family cottage a yearly event. What Rosie does not know is that her parents are about to get a divorce. And that her doctor sister, Katie, is hellbent on making sure Rosie does not get married.
 
 As the family begins to fly into America for the wedding, the Whites all seem to be pretending. Maggie and her husband Nick act as if they are not divorcing. Katie is at odds with the groom's handsome best man, Jordan, as she hides away a secret of her own. And Rosie is having second thoughts about her future with Dan. It is time for secrets to be revealed and true love to blossom. 
 
  A Wedding in December was a very satisfying story. I brought out some of my favorite aspects of a good contemporary read. There was a cast of likable characters. Scenic locations. And the writing was very well-paced and not rushed. I felt comfortable reading this book. It was as if a warm blanket had been put around me. Morgan's warmth for her characters shines brightly with this novel. She takes the time to let her readers get to know her characters enough to want to care for them. Joining the wedding party is also Dan's mother, Catherine. She is warm and cheerful as she plans her son's wedding. But she also faces the torment of the loss of her husband. Genuine three-dimensional characters drive this story forward. This wonderful combination set in the snowy mountains of Colorado is the perfect blend of family drama and romance. The finale is heart-warming and made me smile quite a lot. 

  I read A Wedding in December in part with the narration of actress, Lucy Tregear. Her voice is syrupy sweet and every character she read made the narrative very natural and real. I loved listening to her voice and will seek out more books narrated by her.

    A Wedding in December gave me exactly what I was looking for. I needed a five-star read to usher in the new year. I needed a book that would make me want more from not only the author but the audiobook narrator as well. I definitely found that in this wonderful holiday read. A great pick for a cold weekend with some warm cocoa. Enjoy! 


    Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.


  


 Because there is always time to read,

Xepherus3


  
  All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2021 by Thomas Bahr II


Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Xepherus Reads Reading Challenge

Xepherus Reads 2024 Reading Challenge

Book Review: Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid