My Favorite Suspense Authors




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!



  When it comes to suspense what authors do you recommend to other readers? Here is my list of go-to authors:



1.   Mary Higgins Clark- I was introduced to Clark when I was in high school. The first book I read from her was the Cradle Will Fall. This book was the first to hook me on suspense. I remember being engrossed in it that I was reading it during math class (that really got me in trouble). I look forward to reading this book again as an adult. Mary Higgins Clark recently passed. She will be missed.


2. Tami Hoag- I have loved the Kovac and Liska crime thrillers from Tami Hoag. Her stories are contained, but she manages to stretch certain plots into other books. Just recently her serial killer, Doc Holiday, was featured in the 1st Victim and the 9th Girl. This lead into Cold Cold Heart, continuing survivor Dana Nolan's story after days of torture at Holiday's hands. Hoag has an expert grasp on character development, and her thrillers never disappoint. The latest Kovas and Liska novel, the Bitter Season, the best of the series, in my opinion.


3. Lisa Gardner- After reading Find Her recently I was hooked on Gardner's writing and her character, Detective D.D. Warren. I am currently reading the ninth book in the D.D. Warren series, Look for Me. In this thriller, Gardner reunites the characters from Find Her. I have an entire page dedicated to Lisa Gardner, the link is attatched to her name. Her latest, When You See Me, is now available.


4. Louisa Luna- Fairly new to the suspense game, Louisa Luna shocked readers with her January 2018 thriller, Two Girls Down. Introducing a crime-fighting duo of ex-cop, Max Caplan, and bounty hunter, Alice Vega, Luna crafted an amazing mystery-thriller about the abduction of two young girls. Tense, taut, and utterly unputdownable, Luna's writing will have you canceling plans to read all night. The latest Alice Vega novel, The Janes, is now available.


5.  Rachel Caine- With books in many genres, Rachel Caine is better known for her Great Library Series of science fiction novels. But when she released Stillhouse Lake she entered the arena of suspense writing in a terrifying way. Telling the story of Gwen Proctor and her two children, she unfolds a tale of a woman on the run from her serial killer ex-husband and his band of deranged followers. Killman Creek (available now) and Wolfhunter River (available now) continue Gwen Proctor's battle for survival, and I am excited to read the latest, Bitter Falls.


   If you are a suspense reader, please share with me your top picks. I love to hear about authors that I may not have read. Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.



  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

  
2020 Reading Challenge (blank version)
 2020 Reading Challenge (my challenge)

 Because there is always time to read,

Xepherus3





  
At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

  
At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/
  
At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3
  
At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios
   
My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2020 by Thomas Bahr II











Comments