2019: The Bookish New Year


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Too many years have passed where I have said that in the new year I would change my reading ways and get more books in. In 2018 I did just that. After reading 101 books I realized that if I can achieve that goal I can achieve other goals. Regardless of the fact that I read 28, 232 pages I know that there are other things I can do to read even more in this new year. I managed to come up with eight goals. 

2019 Bookish Reading Goals (I will do a mid-year follow up in June):

  1. Tab all books that I read with removable flags: I began to tab all of my books every 100 pages in 2018. When I read each hundred pages I remove the tab. This gives a sense of accomplishment and I visually see how many pages are left 
  2. Create a dedicated To Be Read pile: I have TBR piles everywhere. But this year I am going to create a special pile of books that I must get to in 2019. I often lose a book in the vast outer regions of my office. This will give me a fighting chance to keep focused on the books I want to read first.
  3. Alphabetize shelves: This may be an all year event. But I really want to get to alphabetizing books I have on my shelves. At present they are everywhere and not even remotely in order.
  4. Buy more Clear Bags sleeves to protect the books that I am reading: This has saved my books from coffee spills, tears, and the dreaded stain. I usually grab packs of them off of the company's website or Amazon. Since I read everywhere I can, including the outdoors, I really need protection for my dust jackets.
  5. Take a break from reading: This may sound odd, but I find that taking a couple of days off from reading a week reduces "Book Burnout". I often read a lot of crime novels, and there is so much death and criminal activity one can take a week. Color, watch television, go for a walk, whatever relaxes you. Remember reading should not feel like a job.
  6. Change out genres: As I previously mentioned I read a lot of crime and horror fiction. And after those tales I need something lighter. I love reading books that are warm and fuzzy between the decapitations and hauntings. I find that a children's chapter book, middle grade fantasy, or light contemporary novels help me not overload on literary horrors.
  7. Unhaul books that are no longer needed: To help with my shelf space and eventual alphabetizing, I will be donating more books to charity and friends. Any that I believe have any value will be placed in my eBay store for sale. There are times when I grab a book and later ask myself why I even purchased it. That is where unhauling will help me stay on track with the books that I really want to read.
  8. Finally read some of the comics I keep buying: I buy comics weekly and love collecting them. But in 2019 I am going to gather up many of the story arcs that I have been wanting to read. It is so easy to collect and not read. That will end this year. I plan to create a master list of comics that I have wanted to read, and check off them off as I do.  
  Have fun reading in this new year. Let me know in the comments below what are some of your anticipated books for 2019 are.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.

 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 



At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


 At GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/XepherusStudios

At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/

At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2019 by Thomas Bahr II




Comments