Tuesday Talks: Have You Ever Returned to a Book You DNFed and Finished It?



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Tuesday Talks is an awesome group on Goodreads that is a weekly discussion forum created by BookTubers Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. It is a fun and active group to be a part of. I have been gone from my book clubs for a few weeks due to adulting, which has limited my time writing. But I am playing catch-up, and it is quite fun.


  The Question for week one of July is: Have You Ever Returned to a Book You DNFed and Finished It?
 
   I am one who does give books a second chance. This can be hard, but I want to give the author a chance to prove that their book is something I want to read. I have not recently done this, but in the past I have not finished books, only to pick them up again. I stop a book for a few reasons:

  1. The book takes a long time to get going (When a book takes more than sixty pages to catch my interest, there is an issue finishing the story.)
  2. The book starts off great, but starts to drag mid-way (I have read books that have moved at a very fast pace. Then they start to slow to a point that removes you from the narrative. This is most commonly found in young adult reads, especially if a love story is introduced.)
  3. The book features a protagonist that I do not like (This happened before, especially when the story is written from the perspectives of two different characters. If I do not like one of the main characters, then this can ruin the story for me. For example, an overly whiny character that is constantly complaining.)
  4. The book's author has a style of writing I cannot get into (Oh, this can be a doozy to deal with. Sometimes an author tries a different genre, and this can be literary suicide. In my opinion if you know that you cannot write a romance, please do not. Stick with the genre that you are best at writing.)
  5. The audio book narrator has been annoying (This has ruined many books for me when a narrator is monotone, and reads the entire book that way. A good narrator can capture voices, and convey the character's emotions well if they put some effort into it. I have heard some atrocious audio actors, and have just ended up reading the book on my own when I had the chance to physically hold the book.)

  If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. I would love to know how your reading is going so far this year.

 Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.
 
  Because there is always time to read this Summer,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios


At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3


 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios


At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


All written content, and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II


Comments