Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads Book Club that meets weekly to answer questions presented.  Our moderators are YouTubers, Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Samantha (ThoughtsOnTomes). I enjoy how every week this group brings the book community together.

  This question was from July's week one, but since I am playing catch-up, I am doing this today. It involves favorite books that are outside my comfort zone.

 I have actually been switching up my reading, so this is a great list to make. Books that I have read and reviewed are highlighted and linked to the reviews for you to read..


  1. Middle Grade: The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill- this delightful middle grade read was magical, and had me smiling ear to ear. It was a shot of whimsy that was great for my reading slump.
  2. Biography: This Time Together by Carol Burnett- I usually do not read biographies, but I love Carol Burnett, and felt that I would love to read about her life. I was right. I laughed so hard at this book. And even when there were some sad parts, Carol knew how to make them poignant.
  3.  Memoir: Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher- this is probably the most honest memoir I have ever read, Carrie hides nothing about herself, showing us a woman who has survived much, but still stays true to herself. She is brave, caring, and does not let life get her down. I was very inspired by this memoir.
  4. Young Adult: Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond- Lois Lane became the first character in a new series of books being released for young adult readers involvng DC Comics' major characters. Gwenda Bond's writing style was very refreshing, and her reverence for the source material was evident. She did an excellent job weaving DC Universe lore throughout this book.
  5. Contemporary: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- this one I have not read yet, but I plan to within the next few months. Contemporary is not my cup of cocoa, but I will give it a try.
 
   If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. I would love to know how your reading is going so far this year.

 Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. 
 
  Because there is always time to read this Summer,
   Xepherus3 


At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

 
At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, and top photography (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments