Wednesday Lists: Rainy Day Reading

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Here it is, a rainy day. The dank and darkness have stripped you of motivation. All you wish to do is stay in bed and snuggle under the covers. What kind of books do you choose for rainy day reading? Here are my choices. 

  1. Graphic Novels- these volumes either present new stories or collect single-issue comics to form one cohesive story. I like these on rainy days for the artwork, colors, and visual narrative.
  2. Series Books- I like to pick up a book in a series I have already read. They contain familiar characters that are easy to visit again. This makes the reads faster, and the rainy day forgotten.
  3. Genre Reads- for this, I usually choose Star Wars novels accompanied by their audiobooks. It is an immersive experience that utilizes some of the industry's best authors and voice actors. It is like hearing a movie, which makes the gloom go away.
  4. Magazines- you can go right with a magazine on a rainy day. Pictures, words, and in some digital editions, videos. Plus you can keep up with pop culture.
  5. Coloring Books- make a nice blanket nest in your bed, grab up some markers, and spread out a few coloring books next to you. This is a relaxing way to spend a rainy day. I usually accompany coloring books with an excellent audiobook and some hot cocoa. For me, I get to be creative and read a book at the same time.
   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.


      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments