Saturday Suspense: I Found You by Lisa Jewell

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

    

   I Found You is written by Lisa Jewell, and it is published by Atria Books, an imprint of Simon and Schuster. Alice Lake is a single mother of three children living in the seaside town of Ridinghouse Bay. One day she notices a strange man sitting on the beach outside of her home. He appears to be confused; without knowledge of who he is. Alice feels bad for the man and asks him to stay with her and her family. He is dubbed "Frank" by her youngest and perplexes the woman. How can this handsome gentleman be alone and without any resources? Surely someone must know him. 

  Miles away Lily Monrose, a newlywed of three weeks, notices that her husband is extremely late coming home. It is unlike Carl to be this late. She worries to the point that she calls the authorities. After some checking, Lily is hit with the revelation that no such man named Carl Monrose exists. Baffled by this news, Lily seeks out answers. In her search, she meets Russ, an acquaintance of Carl's, who sheds some light on her husband's life. After three weeks of marriage, Lily is still getting to know Carl. She fears his identity was changed for reasons that may not be good.

  I Found You is a tense and sleep-stealing read. I was up for hours at night even though I had set out to read only three chapters and I ended up reading half the book in the first sitting. I was nervous turning pages because I knew that the author had some devious plot twists coming. The narratives blended very well together, telling a cohesive tale. Jewell has a knack for blending drama, mystery, and suspense in her works. Lisa Jewell's suspenseful writing was on point and the ending was very satisfying, albeit shocking

  I read this novel with the narration of actress, Helen Duff. Her work on Then She Was Gone was amazing, and I was thrilled to see her reading this novel. She is a wonderful pairing with Lisa Jewell’s writing.

  In the end, I Found You was a solid four-star read that captured my imagination. If you want a fun Spring read, that takes you away this one is definitely for you.   

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.


      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments