Xepherus Reads Top 5 Books Read in 2020

 




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!



   As I race to the end of this trying year, I look back on the books that I have read. Even though my reading count was not to my liking, nonetheless I managed to read some books that surprised me.

  Here are my Top 5 favorite books read in 2020 (not all books were released in 2020):



5) The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner- a murdered rapist, a sloppy hit-man, and a group of survivors brings this Lisa Gardner book into my Top 5. The introduction of Detective Roan Griffin into the Gardnerverse is a dynamic and pulse-pounding ride that had me quickly turning the pages to get to the end. One of her best novels, Lisa Gardner has once again solidified herself in my list of top authors.


4) Cross Her Heart by Melinda Leigh- a new author that I tried in 2020 was Melinda Leigh. Her first book in the Bree Taggert series was an emotional entry into the crime thriller genre. Excellent characters that I loved to read fueled this book's appeal. It is surprising and the finale was very intense. This was an amazing start to this new thriller series.


3) My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix- this love letter to the 1980s was funny as it was scary. When the best friend of a teenager Abby Rivers begins to act weird, Abby feels that Gretchen may be possessed by a demon. Featuring chapters named after 80s hit songs, this novel skips pleasantly through the horror genre, leaving the reader with a crazy and fun read. 


2) You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen- when Shay Miller realizes her life is going nowhere it appears to be too late. She is in love with her roommate (who has a girlfriend), she is unemployed, and is ready for yet another temp job. But when she witnesses a woman throw herself in front of a train, she is quickly wrapped up in a new world. The woman's friends are being awfully nice to her and her life begins to vastly improve. By if the stats show anything, it's that if it looks too good it is. This thriller delivered some of the most intense reading I have witnessed in a while. A fantastic thriller read.


1) The Outsider by Stephen King-  in this paranormal crime thriller, a beloved little league coach of a small town is accused of assaulting and murdering a child. The evidence is clear: he is guilty. However, Terry Maitland cannot be in two places at once. During the time the murder occurred, he was out of town. Detective Ralph Anderson begins to investigate with the help of Mr. Mercedes alum, Holly Gibney. What the two discover brings the shadow of death down around them. This is one of my favorite King novels due to its mix of horror and crime. I love both genres and this spooky novel had both elements.

  I hope that you all had a great reading year and can look back on some of your favorite books. Here is to a great 2021 reading year! 


    Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

  

 Because there is always time to read,

Xepherus3


  

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Goodreads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/

At Mercarihttp://www.mercari.com/u/436393791

 

At RedBubblehttp://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitterhttps://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish Listhttps://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2020/2021 by Thomas Bahr II


Book covers are (c) Copyright by the publisher






Comments