Halloween in July Book Tag




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!
 
  Book Tags are a fun way to reach out into the book community and share your reading experiences. I especially love holiday themed tags. This tag was created on Instagram by user The.Book.Gypsy, and gets readers ready for October's upcoming celebration. Sit back and see what books that I have chosen. Who knows, you may find a new favorite read. And of course feel free to do the tag yourself, and share with others what you like to read. Of course all books mentioned that I have reviewed will be linked in the title of the novel.

THE HALLOWEEN IN JULY BOOK TAG

1.     What book gave you the creeps? Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner- A novel with a terrifying serial killer that has an love of spiders. I was enthralled in Gardner's web of lies and twisty revelations. But her villain, Mr. Dinchara, was a a demonic presence that sent chills down my spine. She upped the creep factor to a thousand with this one. This story was so good that I created a playlist for a book soundtrack.
2.   What book gives you the best Halloween vibes? The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty- I read this novel every year for Halloween. From the book to the film, the Exorcist has always been a constant for me on Halloween. When I read the novel I usually have a pumpkin latte, the smell of the leaves is in the air, and a freshly-carved Jack-O-Lantern is near bye. It is Halloween for me.
3.  What’s your favorite vampire book? 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King- I read this novel when I was in high school, and plan to revisit the tale soon. I enjoyed King's take on the vampire legend, and much of the book's feel has stayed with me for decades. Creepy as hell, too.
4.  What book scared you so much you had to sleep with the light on? I never need a light on when I sleep, because I love scary stories. But one book that made me jump a few times while reading it at night was Stephen King's the Shining. I was reading the story of the Overlook Hotel while I was on vacation in a hotel. When I heard a door slam or the air conditioning kick on I was rattled. A classic that no reader should miss. 
5.  What’s your favorite book about (choose one or all) witches/goblins/ghosts/demons? I choose all. And that brings me to the Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill. This sweeping epic fantasy brings the best of middle grade storytelling to readers. Filled with many odd and endearing characters, this is a perfect tale to read around Halloween. A wonderful read for Harry Potter fans.
6.  What book do you wish was scarier than it was? Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I read this when I was a teenager in middle school. After having seen the film, I was prepared for a scary book. I remember being let down. Maybe a re-read as an adult will be different.
7.   What’s your favorite book that takes place in October? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling had a wonderful section that took place on Halloween. Ghostly parties and secrets revealed. I loved the Deathday Celebration with Nearly-Headless Nick and his ghostly band of poltergeists.



Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 






My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II

I claim no rights to teh animated Animated GIFs used in this article.

Comments