Book Review: Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

     What makes a monster? What single most horrifying event can lead a human to be a killer? The halls of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are filled with agents who deal with this question daily. But in Special Agent Kimberly Quincy's life, the evolution leading to the birth of a monster can be a slow and torturous process. But if she is not too careful, she may have to say goodbye to living sooner than she thought.





  Say Goodbye is written by Lisa Gardner, and is the sixth book in her widely popular FBI Profiler series. The edition that I read was the hardcover released in 2008 by Bantam Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House. I was first introduced to Kimberly Quincy in the books Catch Me and Find Her. And from these cameos I knew that I wanted to learn more about this Lisa Gardner character. In Say Goodbye we are introduced to a pregnant Kimberly Quincy. Her life is in a hard balance as she continues working as a special agent for the FBI, and reassuring her husband that she will not get she and their baby killed in the line of duty. But Kimberly is an exemplary agent with a solid track record for catching killers.

  When a fellow law enforcement agent, Salvadore Martignetti, calls Kimberly in the early hours of the morning he has strange tale. A young prostitute named Delilah Rose has shown up at a local police station claiming to be Quincy's informant. She says that her friend Ginny is missing. Fitting in with the disappearances of several other call girls, Sal is convinced that these abductions are part of something larger. But Delilah also has another tale to tell. Of a dark and scary man, named Mr. Dinchara. A spider enthusiast, Dinchara is one john that girls do not come back from. Delilah is certain that Ginny has been kidnapped or killed by this ominous man. 

  Kimberly and Sal wish to pursue this case, however they do not have enough evidence to get their bosses to agree to a task force. The pair of agents decide to look into the disappearance of Ginny Jones on their own. And what they find is an anguished underworld of prostitution, devastating child abuse, and murder. Kimberly is joined by her father, FBI Profiler Pierce Quincy, and her step mother, Officer Raine Conner, to begin the search for the missing women. Their leads ultimately arrive at the expansive forest of Blood Mountain with over seven thousand acres, and reaching over four thousand feet above sea level. It is a race against time to stop a deadly killer before they are caught in his web of death.

  Say Goodbye set out to bring readers one of Lisa Gardner's most complex and frightening villains. The layered history of abuse and despair that is displayed in this narrative is vivid and heartbreaking. She does not shy away from showing us just how horrific her villain can be. With a story set in the present and one in the past, we are woven a spider's web of intrigue that builds to an insane crescendo. I was up for hours at night reading this novel. Like all of the Lisa Gardner books that I have read, I was left with a satisfying feeling of time well spent. I was never disappointed in this book. And her extensive research on spiders and the Chatahoochie National Forest made for a very believable and exciting story. 

  I read Say Goodbye in part with the narration of Anne Marie Lee and Lincoln Hoppe. Both accomplished actors in their own right, the duo delivered a shared narrative that complimented one another very nicely. Lee read the current story, while Hoppe offered up his talents to the story set in the past and the future. Their voices made this story come to life with a distinct rhythm that set a great pace for reading.

  After I was done with Say Goodbye I knew that I had a five star book in my hands. Lisa Gardner never fails to entertain me and keep me up at all hours of the night. This book contained one of the creepiest and crawliest stories. And a villain that equally made my skin crawl. I highly recommend this book to all of my readers.   
   
Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.

  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 






My Amazon Wish Listhttps://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II

Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher

Comments