2023 Halloween Book Tag

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. I love to make popcorn balls, drink cider, and carve pumpkins. And I love reading scary books and watching horror films. 


  When I read during the spooky season, I love to recommend scary and magical reads.

The Halloween Book Tag  


  1. Carving Pumpkins (what book would you carve up and light on fire?) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I found this book to be rather boring and it never caught my attention. The narrative reads like fan fiction (of which it was made from), and the characters say some pretty silly dialogue.
  2. Trick or Treat (What character is a trick and what character is a treat?) I chose my two from teh same book- Trick: Reverend Lowery from Walk the Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson: this seemingly quiet and proper preacher definitely turned into a trick when he asked 16-year-old Lee Westfall to marry him after his wife died. He definitely has some surprises under that clerical collar. Treat: Lee Westfall from the same novel. She starts off as a non-descriptive girl hunting in the woods and becomes a brave and magical young woman with more courage than any man of her time in teh late 1800s. She is a joy to read.
  3. Candy Corn (What book is always sweet?) Any Ramona Quimby book from Beverly Cleary. I can read these every year and never get sick of the positive stories with kids who actually love their parents. Ramona is always getting into mischief, but there is usually a lesson learned at the end of each book.
  4. Ghost (What character would you like to visit you as a ghost?) Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. He is a wise and brave wizard who has so much to share and teach. I would love to spend time talking about wizarding things with him.
  5. Dressing Up in Costume (What character would you want to be for a day?) Bazine Netal from Star Wars canon books. She is a badass and has quite an adventurous life as told in Perfect Weapon by Deliah S. Dawson. I would not mind being her for a day...provided she did not have a contract on her head at the time.
  6. Wizards and Witches (What is your favorite Harry Potter moment?) Voldemort is revealed in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. No matter how many years I will always reflect on Professor Quirrell revealing where the dark wizard was all along.
  7. Blood and Gore (What book did you have to take a break from?)   Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Not that the book is overly gory, but the content of the book is very realistic and the cavalier way the True Knot conduct their lives is often chilling. 

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.

If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. 




Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios


 

Comments