Spooky Book Tag 2023- My Picks

  




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Now it's my turn to share my choices for this year's Spooky Book Tag. I have linked the books mentioned to my full reviews of each. What are you waiting for if you still need to take the challenge? Have fun.

  Let's see what the spooky season has in store...

1) Post Mortem: A book that started warm, but soon became cold- Forget Her Name by Jane Holland started off strong and gave me a few re-herrings and a great plot twist. But ultimately the ending was muddled by a last chapter that went from thriller to Hallmark love story.

2) Smashed Pumpkins: A book that smashed your expectations- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill was a book that started off strong and became stronger with each chapter. This book is one that flies by and is filled with unexpected and creepy turns.

3) Falling Leaves: The best series that delivers fresh entries- The Irish Village series by Carlene O'Connor. This group of cozy mysteries is a delightful way to spend a day. I love every entry and usually cannot wait for the next book. 

4) Garlic and Stakes: A book that you read that you avoid recommending to others- Jaws by Peter Benchley is the novel the blockbuster film was based on. As a fan of the movie, I was excited to see how similar the two were. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the novel. The characters I grew to love in the movie were selfish individuals who bickered throughout the story. And a couple of chapters veered off course from the main storyline. But when it did eventually pick up again, it delivered a tense finale. 

5) Rattling Chains- A book you loved and could stop talking about- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid was a rough book to get through for some. But for me, I opted for the all-star cast audiobook to give me the story. I was glad I did. I loved the book and read it 3 times. I also loved the Amazon Series and bought the soundtrack.

6) Bloody Knife- A book so brutal, you had to take a break from it- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King entered a rough area with the death of a child. The killing of the baseball boy was rough to get through both on the page and on screen. I set the book down and took a break. 

7) Popcorn Balls- A book so sweet that it was warm and fuzzy- The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan was cozy, funny, and syrupy sweet. I love the story of a tidal island loaded with eclectic and amusing characters. 

8) Bonfire- A book so hot, that it should have burst into flames- The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag gets crazy fast and explodes with a chilling ending. Two detectives on the trail of a serial killer race against time to find a kidnapped news anchor. But what they discover is a twisted killer with a torture fetish.

9) Candy Basket- A book of short stories filled with great reads- 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill delivers some chilling reads, including the Black Phone. This book is chock-full of excellent spooky tales.

10) Graveyard- 6 books in your TBR that have little chance of being read would be the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. With my love of thrillers, this set of fantasy novels may never be read.

   Feel free to tag me and your friends using #XepherusReadsSpookyTag

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.

If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. 




Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

Comments