Jackie Collins 1937-2015: A Classy Lady That Took Chances




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons ,


  As many of you may have learned another literary legend has left us. Jackie Collins passed away on September 9, 2015 from breast cancer at the age of 77. She was to me the best damn author around who brought me to exotic places, and introduced me to amazing characters, like Lucky Santangelo.

  She was a wonderful woman who always gave her all to her readers. I cannot remember a time when I did not look forward to her novels, and gobbled them up as if they were dishes of rich caviar. She wrote strong women who grabbed the world by balls and never apologized for it. She could write Hollywood like no one else. And when it came to sex, she made Harold Robbins novels look tame. She wrote long-hand in legal pads, sweeping her pen across the paper like a Goddess creating a universe of good and evil.

  She never wrote a character that I did not like, even her villains were so entertaining I could not wait to see what they did next! In her Santangelo series of novels we were introduced to a complex web of fascinating characters that have stuck with me since their introduction in Chances in the 1980s. With Lucky Santangelo at the center of mobsters, murder, and dangerous liaisons, we were told a wickedly addictive tale that began in the 1930s and continued to present day. Deftly delivered with a devilish twinkle in our author's words, every Santangelo book delivered an action-packed feast for the eyes!

  To say that I am saddened by her passing is an understatement. She helped me out of depression as a teenager with her tales. She showed me that going for what you want was always a tangible thing. She never shied away from taking on current issues in her novels. And she always gave her readers "Easter eggs" in her novels as characters would crossover or have cameos in each others stories. Yes, she has been a great part of my life, and will always be there for me when I re-read her amazing novels. 

  Sit back, relax with a glass of wine, and be brought into worlds of sex, scandal, gangsters, murder, and espionage! There is not a Jackie Collins book that you will read that you will not love, and remember for years to come. She was a master storyteller who will be missed by billions of fans world-wide.

  Good bye, our angel of the printed word. Give them hell in heaven...Lucky would approve!

  Because there is always time to read,
  Xepherus3





All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2015 by Thomas Bahr II 

Jackie Collins Photo (c) Copyright by Chances, Inc.

Comments