End of 2023 Book Tag

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Regarding BookTube, I love watching reading enthusiasts recap their years in reading. Destiny Sidewell released a fun book tag for 2023. I took a few questions from the original list and enjoyed filling in my answers. 

  My 2023 was filled with re-reads, so my answers are not necessarily books published in 2023. 

1) The most disappointing book of the year- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall (it was not a bad book. In fact, I loved the story and enjoyed the characters. But I figured things out pretty fast and the two reveals I saw coming early on.)

2) Underdog of the Year- The Bone Farm by Dean Koontz (I hear no one talk about this amazing short story audiobook. It is suspenseful and is a great introduction to Jane Hawk.) 

3) Favorite book couple of the year- Shea Collins and Detective Mike from The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James (Their flirtation is adorable. Even though their relationship is mainly work and over the phone, their in-person meetings are filled with romantic tension.)

4) Favorite main character of the year- Jane Hawk from the series by Dean Koontz (the Jane Hawk series will be a yearly re-read for me. This protagonist is the embodiment of what a hero should be. Flawed, constantly downtrodden, and selfless, Jane is a hero to cheer on.)

5) A book that surprised you- Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney (the crazy plot twist had me floored and I found myself back-tracking to see what clues I missed.)

6) Favorite new author discovered in 2023- Kate Alice Marshall (regardless of how I felt about What Lies in the Woods, I loved her writing style and ability to craft interesting characters.)

7) Happiest read of the year- The Ramona Quimby series by Beverly Cleary (this is the best way to break up your thriller reading. This series is silly and full of slapstick kid antics. And the audiobooks read by Stockard Channing are a delight.)

8) The most frustrating book that you read in 2023- Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney (a fantastic book with an amazing plot twist. However, the ending left a lot to be desired for me. The motivations were off and I felt it could have ended better.)

9) The best adaptation of the year- Daisy Jones and the Six by Amazon Prime (this adaptation fleshed out Simone and Camilla. Their added storylines were a fresh take on the series. Daisy is more self-aware and less reckless than she was in the book. And the music was amazing. I have listened to the Aurora album too many times to count. It was an event I thoroughly enjoyed.)

10) The longest book you read in 2023- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid at 375 pages.

11) The shortest book you read in 2023- Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich at 166 pages.

12) Favorite cover of the year- The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James (a seemingly abandoned car on a rainy road in front of a spooky house. It was made to look like an old noir pulpy read.)

13) A book that you cannot stop thinking about- What She Found by Robert Dugoni (there was an aspect of the novel that had me thinking about a few things. I still loved the twist and storyline.)


14) The highest-rated book you read this year- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (I gave it 5 stars)

15) The lowest-rated book you read this year- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall (I gave it 3 stars)

16) Favorite quote of the year- "The day I arrived in this lonely little world was also the first time I died." Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney

17) The book with the most unique concept- What She Found by Robert Dugoni (the unique twist was handled very well and added a fresh take on amnesia tropes.)

18) A book that you would probably re-read- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (as of this year, I have read this 3 times)


   For the original video by Destiny, click here.

  Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.

If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. 




Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios


 

Comments