Reading Habits: Reading Outside Your Normal Genre

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Reading outside of my usual genre of mystery and science fiction happens on occasion. When I go for something different I look for historical fiction or middle-grade books to read. A lot of middle-grade books offer contemporary stories and family-driven comedies that help a great deal with reading slumps, as well. I purchased a lot of Beverly Cleary books recently not only as nostalgia but to help break up my reading schedule. I never tire of reading middle grade. Historical fiction, I find, can be a great alternative when choosing a different genre, I enjoy the mix of history, drama, and sweeping stories. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell covers this in a grand way. I plan on re-reading that novel since it's been at least 25 years since I read it the first time. 

  When you think about it, reading outside of your genre is often a good idea.

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.

If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. 




Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments