Plum Saturday: Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich




 

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

    After reading Explosive Eighteen, I was in love with the characters and the adventure that this series brings. I find that when I read this series, I cannot put them down. 



  Notorious Nineteen is the twenty-sixth novel featuring Stephanie Plum. After the events of Explosive Eighteen, Stephanie is on track to finally accept a committed relationship with long-time love, Joe Morelli. It seems like everything is going smoothly. This cannot be farther from the truth. Within the first ten pages of this book, Stephanie is held at gunpoint, has her car blown up, and is hired by Ranger (her other long-time love) to be his bodyguard at a wedding that is possibly targeted by a madman from his past. Janet Evanovich seems to not want either Stephanie or the reader to catch their breath.

  Cousin Vinny has a new assignment for Stephanie, bring in Geoffrey Cubbin. Cubbin is wanted for embezzlement of funds at a retirement home, Cranberry Manor. But there is one small problem, he and several patients from a local hospital have disappeared without a trace. The trails are cold on Cubbin at first, sending Stephanie on the road with her partner, Lula, to track down some other fugitives while more information becomes available. Among the unusual suspects are Melvin Barrel (arrested on possession with intent to sell), Brody Logan (who has in his possession a stolen Hawaiian Tiki that may or may not have magical powers of persuasion), and Arthur Beasley (arrested for indecent exposure, and currently working at a nudist beach).

  I read this in part with Lorelei King's audiobook narration. Her presentation was her best thus far in my opinion. She had to deal with a lot of characters and managed to deliver a fantastic array of voices differentiating each distinct personality. She did so well that at times I envisioned an old-time radio show with a full cast. 

  Notorious Nineteen is by far one of Janet Evanovich's best novels. I loved it so much that I found myself telling others how much fun I was having with this book. I gave Notorious Nineteen four out of five stars. 

  

 Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

 

     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS ATLINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments