My 2019 Reading Goals Report Card



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  The year has reached the half-way mark and now it is time to see just how well I have been doing with my 2019 Reading Goals

2019 Bookish Reading Goals and how I have done so far this year:

  1. Tab all books that I read with removable flags: I have done this with every physical book that I have read. I love how as I strip away each tab I see my progress every 100 pages. I even bought a few packs of tabs from my local dollar store and have been tabbing all new purchases for future reading 
  2. Create a dedicated To Be Read pile: I have yet to do this. However I have do have a pile on my desk of "most anticipated reads", which could count as a win for this goal.
  3. Alphabetize shelves: This may never get done I fear. With my work schedule and actual reading I have yet to even try this. The closest I have come to this is arranging my Star Wars novels in chronological order. But with Summer vacation on the horizon, I will be outside more than inside..
  4. Buy more Clear Bags sleeves to protect the books that I am reading: This has saved my books from coffee spills, tears, and the dreaded stain. I usually grab packs of them off of the company's website or Amazon. Since I read everywhere I can, including the outdoors, I really need protection for my dust jackets. This has worked very well this year, with a few mishaps that were thwarted by these covers (water spilling near my first edition Harry Potter hardcover... yikes).
  5. Take a break from reading: This may sound odd, but I find that taking a couple of days off from reading a week reduces "Book Burnout". I have colored in coloring books, watched television, gone for a few walks, and have worked on my yearly planner spreads. This helps me to remember reading should not feel like a job.
  6. Change out genres: I have done this a few times this year. With reading Harry Potter and even a novel with angels in it, I have moved away from crime novels and horror to give me a more diverse selection.
  7. Unhaul books that are no longer needed: To help with my shelf space and eventual alphabetizing, I have donated books to charity and friends. This has been successful. Any books I believe have any value have been placed in my eBay store for sale. There are times when I grab a book and later ask myself why I even purchased it. Unhauling helps me stay on track with the books that I really want to read.
  8. Finally read some of the comics I keep buying: I buy comics weekly and love collecting them. In 2019 I have gathered up many of the story arcs that I have been wanting to read. It is so easy to collect and not read. That has ended this year. I have created a master list of comics that I have wanted to read, and have checked them off as I read them. It is great to finally get these stories unpacked.  
  Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

2019 Reading Challenge (blank version)

 
 2019 Reading Challenge (my challenge)



Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 
 




At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/

At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2019 by Thomas Bahr II





Comments