Book Review: Inferno by Dan Brown



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Often I experience an author that delivers stories so good that I immediately want to continue with their next novel. Dan Brown has become one of those authors. I have loved Angels and Demons, the Da Vinci Code, and the Lost Symbol. All three were four and five star reads that propelled me into an exciting blend of reality and fiction. Of course I had to continue with another Robert Langdon adventure. 



  Inferno is written by Dan Brown and is the fourth book in his best-selling Robert Langdon series. It is published by Doubleday books, an imprint of Penguin Random House. In it we are reunited with Professor Robert Langdon as he awakens in a hospital in Florence, Italy. Langdon has no idea how he got there. From what he is being told he was grazed in the head by a bullet and is now suffering amnesia. His only link to the events prior are what Dr. Sienna Brooks and her colleague are telling him. Nothing feels right and he is suffering terrible visions of death. After being calmed down, he settles into his medication. Through the haze of pain killers, Robert watches an assassin enter the hospital, gun down a doctor, head for his room. Someone is trying to kill Robert and he needs to leave the hospital immediately.


  With the help of Sienna Brooks, Langdon escapes. But behind him are armed commandos, the deadly assassin Vayentha, and his own government. Nothing makes sense and Langdon is determined to find out how he has come to have a target on his back. It's secret societies, daring escapes, and harrowing danger as Robert Langdon comes face to face with a deadly virus, that if released could wipe out the Earth's population. A race against time with a clock that is already ticking.

  Inferno delivers Brown's unique brand of blending the real world of art and history with a fictional adventure on an epic scale. This fourth installment is relentless in its delivery and leaves little room to breathe. Brown hands out clues that may or may not lead to the truth. False leads and shattering revelations are this story's strength. I could not find a moment where I did not want to get back to this book. As with the previous three novels, I enjoyed researching the art and locations featured in Inferno. Brown's use of real-life locations to up the excitement is well conceived. The main antagonist of this story, Bertrand Zobrist, was a three dimensional character that delivered a true sense of dread into the storyline. This was a spectacular globe-trotting adventure novel that left me breathless in the end.

  Once again actor Paul Michael returns as narrator for the audio book edition of Inferno. His mix of voices and accents accentuated the overall experience. I am happy that he also reads the next book, Origin. Excellent voice work.

  Inferno was a five star read for me. I was addicted to the novel, stealing away time during Thanksgiving prep to read more. Dan Brown definitely was not playing around when crafting this book. It was a fantastic read. Curl up with a soft blanket and a hot drink. Cancel your plans and settle in for a wondrous adventure.      


Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 



At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios


At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


 At GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/XepherusStudios

At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II

Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher


Comments