Book Review: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  The Robert Langdon series has taken hold of my reading lately. I cannot get enough of the globe-trotting hero and his quest for the truth. With high stakes, gorgeous locations, and thrilling adventure, I am hooked. Of course I had to read another book in the series. 



  The Lost Symbol is the third book in the best-selling adventure series by Dan Brown. The edition that I read was published by Double Day Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House. In this thriller we find Professor Robert Langdon has been summoned to Washington D.C. by his old friend and mentor, Peter Solomon. Solomon is holding an event at the U.S. Capitol Building and wishes Robert to address the crowd. But when Robert arrives there is not an event planned, and Robert appears to have been tricked. But what Robert discovers in the center of one of the rooms in the Capitol Building is a grisly token taken by Peter's apparent kidnapper. A dangerous man has Solomon and he will kill him unless Robert helps him find a relic of the Masonic Order. 


  Across town at the Smithsonian Museum Support Center, Katherine Solomon worries about her brother, since he has yet to contact her. In her customized lab, Katherine works on a branch of science, called Noetics. She is determined to find hard proof that the mind can indeed change the outcome of events. She has hard data already stored and continues to make breakthroughs. Religion and science clash as Peter's kidnapper is also determined to stop Katherine's research. As the stakes begin to show themselves, the CIA enter the picture, as well as the Capitol's director. Robert is thrust into a mystery of the ages that will have dire consequences on the world if the secrets of the Masonic Order are seized by evil hands. It is a race against time to save the life of an old friend. Can Robert Langdon outrun a psychopath's diabolical plan before it is too late?

  The Lost Symbol was another amazing adventure by Dan Brown. This time the reader is running alongside Robert Langdon delving into the secrets of our nation's capitol. I enjoyed the interactive research that I did as I read. Whether it was Googling old paintings or looking up D.C. locations, I had a lot of fun expanding my knowledge of events. Brown introduced many interesting characters in the Lost Symbol. My favorite was Director Inoue Sato of the CIA. She was the perfect foil for Langdon, and was constantly making me wonder if she was friend or foe. Her brash, no-nonsense attitude had everyone in her presence on edge. And no one questioned her authority. The main antagonist, Mal'akh, gave this novel a sense of dread. His interactions with the main players made for some of the story's more intense moments. And his involvement in the main revelation at the end was a bombshell I did not see coming.

  I read the Lost Symbol with the narration of actor, Paul Michael. Michael once again drove the story along at a fantastic pace. His voices and inflections made this story all the more intense. I am pleased to see that he also reads the next two installments. He did a fantastic job.

  The Lost Symbol was a fast-paced adventure with an excitement that never left me time to breathe. Four stars later I highly recommend this book. Find yourself a comfortable spots, curl up, and cancel your plans. The Lost Symbol is all you need on a cold night.          

Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 



At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios


At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


 At GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/XepherusStudios

At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2018 by Thomas Bahr II

Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher


Comments