Book Reviews and Tagging an Author on Social Media





Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!


  To read and review a book can sometimes be a daunting task. This is especially the case when a book you have read is so good that you find it hard to read the next book. Quite often you also wish to tell an author how much you loved their work. For the past two years I have been reviewing books for this blog as a way not only to encourage others to read a book. But also to acknowledge the author's work. To do this I will always tag an author when linking my review on Twitter. This in return has authors writing to me thanking me when they have read my review, or liking my link to acknowledge my Tweet. 

  While at BookCon this past weekend I engaged in a conversation with a reviewer who was recently asked by an author not to tag them in their review. This was upsetting to the reviewer since she loved the book, and wished for the author to know how much that she enjoyed it. After this encounter the reviewer said that she would not continue reading the author's books because of this. This also led the girl to hit a reading slump in the process.

  I have never had a bad reaction from any author in regards to tagging them in my reviews. In fact every author I have tagged has ReTweeted the post and thanked me personally. But after this conversation I now wonder how many authors out there do not like their names tagged in a review. Until I find that author, I will continue to acknowledge the authors by tagging them. 
  
Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below how you feel about this subject and what you are reading.

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 








All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2017 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments